Will CB ever be 100% open this season?

setagehtta

With this 15-day forecast maybe they can be 100 percent by sometime in February..even last winter which was cold at the onset it takes a few weeks to get to 100 percent...How's the snow holding up at Camelback? I like Nile Mile..Me, Atomic Jeff, and Ski were timing ourselves on it..you can get hella speed for a green trail..

That whole side of the mountain is closed. :( But you can still see plenty of 'flying wedges' zipping down birches.

Just so everyone knows who reads this. Camelback did not blow snow on nights that they could have the last week. THey blew last night in super marginal temps.

Where do you get this information lol? We're making snow every chance we get with the exception of christmas. I'm sorry if our guys had off for the holiday to spent some time with their children and families one day of marginal temps lol.

We're in every way possible trying to make as much snow as possible. We've even been letting the guns the night shift lit run until almost 10pm until we absolutly have to shut them down because of humidity and or temps.

I deicided to stay with the snow making team rather than go back to lifts and theres nothing more we want to do than make snow.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I deicided to stay with the snow making team rather than go back to lifts and theres nothing more we want to do than make snow.

I have been up here at Northridge watchingall week plus, it's not rocket science. to have frost ( high Humidity) on the ground but the ground is not frozen compared to nights where the ground was frozen but no frost and you guys didn't blow.. Other mountains blew those nights..

I am at the same elevation and I also watch what the other hills are doing and you guys did not blow every oppoptunity that you could including christian holidays.

If it christmas was really that important to CB then they would not have been open on christmas day. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it. since they attract such a (asssuming) non -christian clientel, then it was profitable for them to open on christmas.

I have been up here at Northridge watchingall week plus, it's not rocket science. to have frost ( high Humidity) on the ground but the ground is not frozen compared to nights where the ground was frozen but no frost and you guys didn't blow.. Other mountains blew those nights..

I am at the same elevation and I also watch what the other hills are doing and you guys did not blow every oppoptunity that you could including christian holidays.

If it christmas was really that important to CB then they would not have been open on christmas day. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it. since they attract such a (asssuming) non -christian clientel, then it was profitable for them to open on christmas.

:sniffcrack:

:deadhorse:

:hater:

:sniffcrack:

:deadhorse:

:hater:

I hate what CB does - or doesn't do for the true snow lover. I will admit it.. on the other hand they do seem to attract a lot of beginners so maybe those people will come back and in the future support the industry. so I guess I should love and support them for that????

It is one thing to make comments based on the facts, but we see time and time again that Papasteeze bases his arguments on made-up information. I hope that no one takes his comments seriously. CB has been making snow every chance they get to the point that they shut the guns off at the last possible second. There have even been a few nights where they plan to make snow and the snowmaking crew is in all night, but it doesn't get cold enough to blow. There have even been a few nights where they started up the guns for only a few hrs until the sun started to come up. If you think they aren't making as much as possible to save money, you're crazy. They need as much snow as possible just to stay open and maintain their trail count. Having to close the mountain for lack of snow would cost a lot more than the cost to make marginal snow. In addition, the weather patterns lately have been creating temperature inversions. Therefore, some nights Blue (at a lower elevation) can have better snowmaking temperatures while CB is too warm. Also, CB did make snow on 13 trails on Sat night/Sun morn. Sure they didn't make on all of the trails simultaneously, but they made a decent amount of progress. It wasn't a lie as Papasteeze claims.

It is one thing to make comments based on the facts, but we see time and time again that Papasteeze bases his arguments on made-up information. I hope that no one takes his comments seriously. CB has been making snow every chance they get to the point that they shut the guns off at the last possible second. There have even been a few nights where they plan to make snow and the snowmaking crew is in all night, but it doesn't get cold enough to blow. There have even been a few nights where they started up the guns for only a few hrs until the sun started to come up. If you think they aren't making as much as possible to save money, you're crazy. They need as much snow as possible just to stay open and maintain their trail count. Having to close the mountain for lack of snow would cost a lot more than the cost to make marginal snow. In addition, the weather patterns lately have been creating temperature inversions. Therefore, some nights Blue (at a lower elevation) can have better snowmaking temperatures while CB is too warm. Also, CB did make snow on 13 trails on Sat night/Sun morn. Sure they didn't make on all of the trails simultaneously, but they made a decent amount of progress. It wasn't a lie as Papasteeze claims.

Made up information? I am not seeing things nor are my neighbors.. closing and not having to pay staff is not cost effective when there aren't any ticket sales?

.......... then again love is blind isn't it... I skied at CB in the morning and then BB well into several nights where BB was blowing and CB was not when we got home. The thermometer temp never changed on my truck and on one night it was one dgree lower ...

They were only only blowing margies.. ok may some of the hybrid names that occur on the same trail. they other guns were on those small bottom trails that are part of the main trails from the summit.

I have a houuse with a clear view of all the slopes right in my bedroom, others here at northridge know the same thing as I do. so unless you can see what I and others saw don't believe what CB is telling you. they are misleading you.

Made up information? I am not seeing things nor are my neighbors.. closing and not having to pay staff is not cost effective when there aren't any ticket sales?

.......... then again love is blind isn't it... I skied at CB in the morning and then BB well into several nights where BB was blowing and CB was not when we got home. The thermometer temp never changed on my truck and on one night it was one dgree lower ...

They were only only blowing margies.. ok may some of the hybrid names that occur on the same trail. they other guns were on those small bottom trails that are part of the main trails from the summit.

I have a houuse with a clear view of all the slopes right in my bedroom, others here at northridge know the same thing as I do. so unless you can see what I and others saw don't believe what CB is telling you. they are misleading you.

You can't see many ground guns from northridge unless they are shooting up. We are trying to make snotters. We don't run the large tower guns, HKD's, Vikings, etc etc that you would normally see from Northridge its to warm.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. :wiggle

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

There have been plenty of ticket sales this past week. Christmas week is one of the big money-making weeks of the season. Also, MLK weekend is coming up soon.

The pattern for the past week has been to make snow on all of the trails that we are currently skiing at night. During mountain operating hours, they have been making on Marjies, Sullivans, John Baily, and Lower Cleo/Home Again. In highly marginal conditions, I'm pretty sure that is all they can do. Even the rented suplementary compressors are running in the morning.

so unless you can see what I and others saw don't believe what CB is telling you. they are misleading you.

If you did a little investigative work on my user name, you would realize why I am not the one being mislead. I believe you are misleading yourself.

There have been plenty of ticket sales this past week. Christmas week is one of the big money-making weeks of the season. Also, MLK weekend is coming up soon.

The pattern for the past week has been to make snow on all of the trails that we are currently skiing at night. During mountain operating hours, they have been making on Marjies, Sullivans, John Baily, and Lower Cleo/Home Again. In highly marginal conditions, I'm pretty sure that is all they can do. Even the rented suplementary compressors are running in the morning.

If you did a little investigative work on my user name, you would realize why I am not the one being mislead. I believe you are misleading yourself.

Oh so correct. In fact there were a couple days that we had to turn down customers and stop selling tickets because the mountain was so full.

Papasteeze snow making is a 24 hour operation. Our day shift works from 8am-8pm with the exception that we wont be able to make snow due to weather and our night shift works from 8pm-8am. If night shift comes in and we don't get temps to make snow until 2am guess what, night shift stays and moves guns around and other misc work until 2am and than we fire up.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Thanks for the info skipatrol and DiMeThIcOnE.

Whineysteeze will never be happy with Camelback no matter what they do. He apparently wasn't treated by CB like the snow-sports guru that he professes to be . . . so now he bashes them every chance he gets with his guesses on how a ski area should operate.

CB has been making snow every chance they get to the point that they shut the guns off at the last possible second.

On sunday they were blowing at the bottom of the hill in what must have been the most marginal conditions imaginable, you could feel how wet the spray was on the lift and the puddles under the snowguns we pretty bad.

I share p'steezes frustration, but have much sympathy for the snowmakers, it's clearly not an easy job in these conditions.

My only real gripe would be that it seems they cannot switch what snowmaking power they have to other trails once they have opened the existing ones for the day, even if temps would still allow it.