NEW TO THE AREA

MRS T

HEY THERE,

WE ARE GOING TO BE IN THE LAKE HARMONY AREA ON MLK WEEKEND. WE HAVE CHILDREN THAT ARE WANTING TO TAKE SKI LESSONS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND WE WOULD ALL LIKE TO GO TUBING. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GO? JACK FROST? BIG BOULDER? CAMELBACK? IS ONE MORE CROWED THAN THE OTHER?

THANKS FOR THE HELP.

MRS. T

CB might have the only open tubing in the area that weekend, or maybe no one will even have any by then the way things are going...but other than that, stay away from CB in my opinion. BB used to be a great beginners mountain, but now its basically just one big terrain park. I would go to JF during the day and BB at night since they are both on the same ticket.

jordan

CB might have the only open tubing in the area that weekend, or maybe no one will even have any by then the way things are going...but other than that, stay away from CB in my opinion. BB used to be a great beginners mountain, but now its basically just one big terrain park. I would go to JF during the day and BB at night since they are both on the same ticket.

jordan

HEY JORDAN,

WHY STAY AWAY FROM CB? AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT A TERRAIN PARK?

THANKS.

T

HEY JORDAN,

WHY STAY AWAY FROM CB? AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT A TERRAIN PARK?

THANKS.

T

:welcome: to the board. CB gets way too crowded on holidays. JF and BB get crowds, but not as bad as CB and the snow quality is better at JFBB. What he means by terrain parks is that the trails have jumps and rails (obstacles to ride on for advanced skiers and riders). BB does have regular trails, though. For a holiday weekend, JF would be the best bet because it is bigger than BB, so it can handle more people, but like he said an all day ticket is good for both resorts. Plus, if you are already in Lake Harmony, it would be foolish to go to CB. By the way, typing in all CAPS on a message board means that you are yelling ;) . Check this board frequently and post often, it is a really valuable source of info.

HEY THERE,

WE ARE GOING TO BE IN THE LAKE HARMONY AREA ON MLK WEEKEND. WE HAVE CHILDREN THAT ARE WANTING TO TAKE SKI LESSONS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND WE WOULD ALL LIKE TO GO TUBING. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GO? JACK FROST? BIG BOULDER? CAMELBACK? IS ONE MORE CROWED THAN THE OTHER?

THANKS FOR THE HELP.

MRS. T

Frost has a GREAT "snow monster" program for little kids (ages 3 - 10) - Our 5 year old has been to this prorgam a few times over the past 2 years.... 3 hour sesion (either at 9 or 1) for around $70 including equip ....

For bigger kids or adults ( ages 9 and up) - wanting to ski for 1st time, there is the "discovery" program.. around $80 incl equipment and ticket.. "This is an ongoing lesson in which you can join at any time within the session times. Station based lesson-move at your own pace"

Check the JFBB website for more details... both good first timer programs for kids..

No mater which mountain you go to,,, I suggest getting there when they open 8am on weekends, they all get busy later in morn..

Have fun ! :wiggle:wiggle:wiggle

I agree, the snowmonster program is great. My kids have done it the last 2 years. The 9am-12 noon session is prob less crowded than the afternoon session. If you are going to ski more than one day try to rent your equip off mountain. There is a place on Rt. 903-county line ski rental (right down the road from lake harmony). You can prob save $10 or more per person. I don't think the tubing will be opened by this weekend at jfbb

yeah i work at camelback and they do get rediculously crowded even on there beginner trails it gets pretty crazy sometimes for the kids when aholes who dont know wut theyre doing crash into them and on mlk weekend the lines will be redonculous im pretty sure as of now there mountain is wrecked and they dont have enough snow

id go to jfbb if i were u

Edited by James Lamar

I learned to ski about 10-11 years ago at Shawnee mt. But on my second time out, I was at JF and I took another lesson...told them I was out before and wanted a more advanced lesson and they accommodated me. It was a long time ago, but they were friendly, the instructor was knowledgeable, and it really helped me progress early on. Take the lessons, they'll really be helpful if it's one of your first times out.