Rumors...

nick

I seem to be hearing rumors that bear creek had to declare Bankruptcy. Can someone please let me be able to sleep at night and squash this rumor. I dont know if i believe it, I wouldnt think they would have started that hotel and stuff if they didnt have the funds. Also why wouldnt their parent company (southern management or w/e) bail them out???

I seem to be hearing rumors that bear creek had to declare Bankruptcy. Can someone please let me be able to sleep at night and squash this rumor. I dont know if i believe it, I wouldnt think they would have started that hotel and stuff if they didnt have the funds. Also why wouldnt their parent company (southern management or w/e) bail them out???

they're owned by southern management and they're loaded dumbass even if they were going bankrupt S.M. would fix it up real fast they have like 636947464947 dollars jerk off

Yeah i realize that southern management owns them and wouldnt let them go under but if you think about it, they are def realllly hurting right now. That new addition to the hotel is costing some like 30 million dollars and they have prolly turned next to nothing in pass sales, so its not that far fetched that they could be in money trouble. How does the southern management thing work, I know they own them but is bear creek still its own company? also theres only so much that southerns gonna put in without getting anything back. Its just like any business thats not turning a profit, but im sure that once bear opens they will be seeing plenty of money... hopefully that is sooner then later though.

they're gonna be fine

think of BC as multiple businesses all owned by the same person-

the hotel/conference center is self supporting and expansion is warranted based on that business.

the ski resort has packed people in during the last couple of years since the remodel and even last year with a questionable winter their skier visits were up. making improvements (like adding up hill capacity and buying more snow guns) to the ski resort makes sense.

this season will be different for the ski resort but the beauty of multiple businesses is that one can support the other in times of need.

same goes for many (not all depending on who owns what) resorts with water parks - they can use one to support the other. chances are there won't be a lousy winter followed by a lousy waterpark season.

trust me, Southern Mgmt didn't purchase BC on a whim and they know how to run their businesses.

Hey I heard a rumor too... I heard that the recently spotted UFO's exhaust caused the hole in the ozone which is directly responsible for the lack of snow and cold weather at BC this year. I also heard that the BC goats peed in the lake so much that it raised the temp and made snowmaking impossible. Shall I go on? Ugh.

nope, it's too late. they are having whatever employees remain rip down the brand new hotel by hand, and the new lift which was just completed will be torn down tomorrow. for the suckers who bought season passes, bear will be a housing development next week. check the webcam.

Most resorts have the ability to survive at least one season with little or no revenue coming from skiing. Bear Creek has a parent company so its unlikely they'd ever be in money trouble. The only reason Bear would go under is if the next couple of seasons turn out like this one. If the Southern Management decides theres is no longer any reason to keep it open as a ski resort then they'll pull the plug totally and close the mountain. Although that probably won't happen for a looooooooong time.

It must be nice for those of you who ride at blue to laugh about stuff like this, but for those of us who call bear our home mtn, its not so funny because its a possiblity, they have already lost alooottttt of money so far this year. I cant wait till we finally get the chance to put some snow on the ground and we show blue mtn what a park is supposed to look like.... OHH baby thats gonna be sweet...haha

It must be nice for those of you who ride at blue to laugh about stuff like this, but for those of us who call bear our home mtn, its not so funny because its a possiblity, they have already lost alooottttt of money so far this year. I cant wait till we finally get the chance to put some snow on the ground and we show blue mtn what a park is supposed to look like.... OHH baby thats gonna be sweet...haha

:werd:banana: