Pretty Nice Today

AtomicSkier

I didn't have a chance to head out anywhere today, but I was wondering if the bitter cold kept the big crowds away, or did everyone still come out to take advantage off all the snow everyone's been making this past week? I'll be at CB early tomorrow.

I was out in NYC late last night and every place was just empty. No one wanted to brave the frigid temps. We could only walk about 3 blocks before it became unbearable...

I didn't have a chance to head out anywhere today, but I was wondering if the bitter cold kept the big crowds away, or did everyone still come out to take advantage off all the snow everyone's been making this past week?  I'll be at CB early tomorrow.

I was out in NYC late last night and every place was just empty.  No one wanted to brave the frigid temps.  We could only walk about 3 blocks before it became unbearable...

when thinksnow and i were eating lunch there were HELLA people in the lodge, but the quad lines were still maybe around a minute wait? not bad at all. It was very cold, poor skidude in his GS suit.. :P im very mad at him though, he did not say 1 word to us, we were next to him in the lift line, he was stopped on challenge, i went right in front of him and STOPPED, and looked right at him, he just ignorned me! :blink:

Yeah it was a pretty nice day, if I was able to move my arm right now it would be better, but over all not bad. Skidude's race was pretty cool, and we got alot of good runs in. Anywho... I hope this isn't a season ending injury, we shall see... I'm not going to go to the hospital, just gonna deal with it and go to the doctor on monday, I'll leave it at that as I'm sure Atomic will elaborate

Atomic and Think were a blast to ski with, despite the slight chill in the air and Atomic's propensity to careen through crowds and hit-and-run unwary children.

"I think I ran over a little girl!" exlaimed Atomic.

"Excuse me, but did you see the little girl you just ran over?" asked the Blue race coach, who had been skiing with the little girl.

"What little girl?" asked Atomic.

"Come with me!" demanded the coach, leading Atomic off to Ski Patrol jail.

We should do that again!

Haha, but really, weren't u in the lead? isn't that why Ski999 said he was following a beginner?? We know how inconsiderate you are to the beginning skiers, running them over and such, why should we believe he was in the lead? :) (Oh yeah, it's pick on Atomic day)

Haha, but really, weren't u in the lead? isn't that why Ski999 said he was following a beginner?? We know how inconsiderate you are to the beginning skiers, running them over and such, why should we believe he was in the lead? :)    (Oh yeah, it's pick on Atomic day)

at that point ski999 had passed me, and i started to make short quick turns but the ski patrol had already seen us :angry:

Jeff what lodge were you in? All the racers were in the base one and it was packed. If only the racers were there it would still be busy but that and all the other people. As for the lift line I sorta nodded my head at you and you just looked at my skis. And for challenge....I just didn't see you there dude.

Jeff what lodge were you in?  All the racers were in the base one and it was packed.  If only the racers were there it would still be busy but that and all the other people.  As for the lift line I sorta nodded my head at you and you just looked at my skis.  And for challenge....I just didn't see you there dude.

i always use the summit lodge.....but you also stopped at the bottom of paradise talking to skidad when we were all waiting for you, but you stood there for a few minutes... :angry:

Soo... I've gained some strength back in my arm today, so I don't think the injury I sustained is as serious as first thought... I know it's not broken or dislocated from the x-ray, and I'm getting an MRI on saturday to see what I actually messed up in my shoulder... I can still not move my arm nearly as well as I should, but it seems to be getting better slowly... I need to get back on the slopes!