Rail Jam @Shawnee Saturday @ 1 PM

adrock

Hi boys and girls. Sorry we haven't been posting since parkbuilder left, we miss him too. I was parkbuilder's boss last year and I should have kept up his momentum on here, but I've been slackin a little (also pretty busy). We had a lot of things planned for this year and have not been able to put many of them into action. But instead of cryin' about it we're gonna have a freekin' rail jam. This Saturday @ 1 o'clock, at the base, right in front of the lodge. There will be no entrance fee. All you need to do is show up and have either a ticket or a seasons pass. It is going to be a straight open event with no categories. The 3 people who kill it will get $100 gift cards for Shawnee. They can be used anywhere, the ski shop, the caf (even the bar if you're over 21!!!). There will probably be some other schwag floating around too. Hope to see you there.

LOL!! welcome to the board adrock! Message thinksnow or atomic jeff for mountain rep status. I posted your event in our calendar which appears at the top of the forums page 1 week prior.

Thank you very much for stepping up to the plate and replacing the rail jam that CB was going to have that was cancelled for unexplained reasons. I'll call some friends that will call some friends that will........ Keith was on top of getting the word out last year, it's nice to see someone fill his shoes. You guys had well kept secret in your park last year. Hope you can do it again this year.

WELCOME!

Not sure how legit this is, but i'm gonna be busy saturday.

Just got off the phone with Josh at Shawnee and they are stoked about throwing this rail jam together! :rock It's last minute but they are trying to gather up as much swag and stuff as they can.

Sounds like Red Bull is going to be there.

Their slopes aren't in great shape but they are putting this on at the base area in front of the lodge. Sounds like they have been suffering from the same temp inversion that has affected many others. It's been cold enough at the base to make snow but not at the top.

I'm gonna try to be there and if I can, I might have some gift cards to the shops to give out. (Buckman's that is!)

Edited by johnnypowder

We're planning on using four elements for the El Nino Rail Jam on Saturday. The setup will most likely be two seperate jib lines with two elements each. We are going to use flat down box, flat down handrail, flat box and flat rail. This may change depending on how much snow we lose tonight but thid is the plan for now.....

We're planning on using four elements for the El Nino Rail Jam on Saturday.

The El Nino Rail Jam :D:D

Good name.

I wasnt there, but I was at Bears jam on thursday. Was it anything like that? Basically lots of kids, three jibs and slush, and a surprising amount of fun.