Bear Creek Press Release - FAQ

Matt

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: SNOWMAKING, SEASON PASSES AND RE-OPENING

Thank you for your continued support of Bear Creek Mountain Resort. Due to the unseasonably warm weather this winter, many of our guests have concerns and questions regarding the status of our resort. You will find answers to these questions below.

Snowmaking: Snowmaking relies on the Wet Bulb Temperature, a combination of factors including air temperature, air humidity, and water temperature. None of these factors have been on our side in recent weeks. However, we are committed to making snow at every opportunity.

Season Passes: Our season pass holders are the foundation of our winter business. We realize the purchase of a pass is an investment in Bear Creek and in skiing and snowboarding. Due to the unusual weather and late opening, Bear Creek is discussing compensation for season pass holders. A final decision will be announced at the end of the ski season. We share your disappointment with the lack of cold weather this winter and appreciate your continued support and understanding.

Opening/Closing: Bear Creek will re-open trails at the first available opportunity and remain in operation as long as possible. Events taking place in house, such as corporate meetings in late March, will not require us to close for the season. We will remain open as long as conditions allow and guest interest remains.

Bear Creek Mountain Resort is committed to providing guests with first-class customer service. We will continue to update you on a daily basis regarding the status of our re-opening. Thank you again for your continued support.

http://www.skibearcreek.com/winter/pressRelease.aspx?prid=11

compensation could be a number of things, but i doubt it will be a pass at blue. they said it will be announced towards the end of the season, so maybe a discount at the shop, free or discounted offpeaks for next season, a slew of free lift tickets, or a complete refund. as sad as the situation is, i agree with what most people are saying. at least bear is trying to come up with ideas and plans to keep interest and their passholders happy.

compensation could be a number of things, but i doubt it will be a pass at blue. they said it will be announced towards the end of the season, so maybe a discount at the shop, free or discounted offpeaks for next season, a slew of free lift tickets, or a complete refund. as sad as the situation is, i agree with what most people are saying. at least bear is trying to come up with ideas and plans to keep interest and their passholders happy.

How about the option to get a refund right now? I mean, given that their next blowing opportunity is at least a week out, the best case scenario is a 6-8 week season, which makes it kind of tough to get your money's worth on a $300+ pass. Not to mention, we'll probably need rock boards/skis when they finally do open. In hindsight, that $300 could be buying me lift tickets to places that are open already. I hate to pile onto the moan-fest, but its frustrating all around for everyone. This will have been my 4th year with a creek pass - I never imagined little old Spring Mountain would be able to stay open while BC closed completely (I know, I know, colder water etc.)...

How about the option to get a refund right now? I mean, given that their next blowing opportunity is at least a week out, the best case scenario is a 6-8 week season, which makes it kind of tough to get your money's worth on a $300+ pass. Not to mention, we'll probably need rock boards/skis when they finally do open. In hindsight, that $300 could be buying me lift tickets to places that are open already. I hate to pile onto the moan-fest, but its frustrating all around for everyone. This will have been my 4th year with a creek pass - I never imagined little old Spring Mountain would be able to stay open while BC closed completely (I know, I know, colder water etc.)...

Yeh any refund would be great..I havent even been up to bear yet and it isnt even going to open by mid january..It would be much better if we could get some kind of word on a refund before the season is over that way i could spend that money at other mountains

Yeh any refund would be great..I havent even been up to bear yet and it isnt even going to open by mid january..It would be much better if we could get some kind of word on a refund before the season is over that way i could spend that money at other mountains

Mountain Creek is offering free weekday lift tickets to Stratton for the next week and $25 lifts for the weekend. While I'm sure it is much easier for them to pull that off since both mountains are owned by Intrawest, is there any way BC could leverage their relationship with Killington (considering the early and late season 50% off discounts) to do something similar?

When I bought this pass ... I knew what I was gettin' myself into with this area (wacky winters). I knew these passes are non-refundable. If Bear Creek wants to compensate me, i'm not going to not accept it. However, i'm not expecting anything either.

I know that Bear Creek wants to get open just as bad as I do and I know that they'll do everything they can to get open. '

Heck, they probably just lost about 20% of their total profit by not being open the Christmas week.

btw, no matter what this season looks like ... odds are i'll be buying another off-peak pass to bear next year.

Mountain Creek & Hunter have a deal right now for season pass holders, which is strange since they are not owned by the same company. Maybe Bear Creek can make the same deal. (It is a discounted ticket).

I agree, gondola = money making opportunities, the gondola at MC has more to do with downhill biking, the water park, and fall hiking, than the best way to move skiers.

I think the most likely compensation will be a discount on next years pass. Thats what Park City did last year after all their lifts had such horrible maintenance issues half the mountain was closed for a long time.

the gondola at MC has more to do with downhill biking, the water park, and fall hiking, than the best way to move skiers.

What does the MC gondola have to do with the water park? For that matter, what does it have to do with fall hiking? I have never really seen anyone but mountain bikers on it.

What does the MC gondola have to do with the water park? For that matter, what does it have to do with fall hiking? I have never really seen anyone but mountain bikers on it.

what does the MC gondola have to do with Bear Creek for that matter

edit:

oh wait, more money

sorry I didnt read the whole thread

Edited by tell_them_nothing

It really bums me out that BC is not interested in DH MTB. That would be great - especially since there are not too many places doing it. Spring Mt. is one of the smallest places around, but their courses were the best.

Sorry for the thread creep.