Sno or Camelback for my next trip?

rme

Any thoughts on whether it's worth going to Sno over Camelback? Assuming both have good coverage of course. I ride mostly blues and some blacks. Freeride only, no parks for me.

I've been to CB and JF 6 or 7 times this year and found CB to be lacking from the length of their more advanced trails. It seems that everything, at least what's open now, is really only half a trail and then it dumps into a green.

Just looking at stats, Sno looks good compared to Camelback, from vertical, length of trails, number of blues, etc., but I'm looking for some input from people who ride both.

Unfortunately, I only have 2 days left of riding this year so I'm looking for some input so I don't waste them.

Thanks in advance.

If its just trail quality then Sno is your best bet at this point. They're slightly lacking in ammenities (the food court is in a tent), but the restaurant looks pretty nice.

The North Face is unlike any other area of blacks in the Poconos. Everything down there is steep. Cannonball is one of the most fun trails in the world, very steep, but not dangerously so. I love to rip down that one(some great air if you jump the headwalls). The double blacks are unbeatable in terms of quality. Depending on how long they're open before you get there, possibly some great bump runs down there too.

• 2 weeks later...

went to sno today. sweet.

definately recommend over CB.

Blacks are longer and segregated vs. CB having short blacks leading into greens.

Blues (Whistler) were not too difficult though, more like greens at CB.

Conditions were nice today. Half shallow powder, half groomed, blowing snow all day long.

People were friendly.

Award winning waffles.

What else could you ask for?

Are the waffles really that good?

No idea, never tried them, but they are worthy of awards we are told

One other thought, those rfid wrist bands take wwwwaaaaayyyy too much time to scan. I don't know how they can survive if it were a weekend. The lift guys were trying as much as possible, but I would easily miss 1-2 chairs everytime while they tried to scan them. Luckily, there were only 3 other people on the mountain. Try 30 seconds to scan X 3-4 people per chair X ?,000 people per day X 20 runs and you have a major meltdown waiting

went to sno today. sweet.

definately recommend over CB.

Blacks are longer and segregated vs. CB having short blacks leading into greens.

Blues (Whistler) were not too difficult though, more like greens at CB.

Conditions were nice today. Half shallow powder, half groomed, blowing snow all day long.

People were friendly.

Award winning waffles.

What else could you ask for?

Cool that you had a good time...imagine how it'll be next season with a top to bottom high speed quad and FOUR mile long trails that dump you down into the North Face. Those scanners are just goofy, eh?