marjies

zaldon

I wish I could write an intelligent post. I think I am in a unique position with an expert racer and park rat, to my own gaper self, to my parents now 64 & 74 yrs old who took me to ski for my first time many many years ago.

What weirds me out about CB is how they can be so stuck in thier own little world thinking they are doing a great job by simply measuring thier ticket sales. I wonder what will happen when they open that 400 room hotel above tubing with out changing something. I am betting that they do more harm to growth of snow sports by creating a lousy experience, there is no way to know, unless someone did an extended unbiased exit poll. It's too bad they don't have laws about users per acre on ski slopes.

The experience at CB of my parents this weekend on Saturday was cause enough for them to want to go to BB on Sunday and not return to CB. From dropping them off at the front to the ticket line, the walk to parking, to the poor grooming or lack of due to traffic, to clientele terrorizing them on the greens, they won't be returning this week on thier annual Pocono trip, my kids, bored to tears, or threatened to get a pass clipped for wrestling, to a kid who got yelled at for skiing on one leg, to my own disgust for over crowded slopes and being the reipient of the complaints.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papa,

Wow. I find it ironic that you have been complaining so long about CB lack of concern for their guests, but you found it OK to dump your guests there! Guess you just didn't care to much about them.

Then your last post. An even bigger Wow!. We wish you could write an intelligent post too!

You think CB lives in their own little world? How about you! Oh I forgot you have "unique" experience that no one else can relate too! I hate to say it, but I really doubt you have a real "expert" racer. If you really did, you wouldn't be living at CB. You'd be out west or north. Your just an obnoxius ski version of the soccer mom. I'll give you the "gaper" designation though. You are smack on with that one.

Hard to believe you think a business should be less concerned about making money and more concerned about pleasing you and your "unique" requirements rather than the requirements of the majority of their customers. And then blame CB for living in their own little world!

You complain both of a lack of policing the slopes and then complain about over agressive policing of the slopes. Is it possible that as a self described gaper, most of the rangers and ski patrol know more than you do and more than your kids? I guess once again, it is your "unique" position that you expect to be catered to. I'm guessing the people terrorizing your parents are the young expert racers and park rats at CB.

If you kids are "bored to tears" they have no imagination. Imagination is what makes great park riders, not the jibs. And what did kids do before snowboard parks! How did mountains survive?

Time to get your head out of your ass..

hahahaaa Tom... you fit well at CB.. please stay there and never leave... Your post shows most everyone what you know. Don't get out to other places do you? You certainly don't know me or my kids, or thier abilities, or our comparitive experiences from one resort to another.

What qualifications do you have to defend CB?

Edited by Papasteeze

If my post shows what I know, then I guess you agree that you have your head up your ass.

We all know you, and your kids and their "abilities" based on your posts. I'm sure you are proud that your kids are in the top 90% of the riders that ride at CB and BB! I guess next stop for them is the X Games! Fame and Fortune awaits!

Make you a deal. I'll never again ride JFBB if you promise to never ride at CB again.......

I wish I could write an intelligent post.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

my parents now 64 & 74 yrs old .........

The experience at CB of my parents this weekend on Saturday was cause enough for them to want to go to BB on Sunday.....

aren't they a bit old to want to go to a 400ft molehill with jumps and rails?

If my post shows what I know, then I guess you agree that you have your head up your ass.

Funny how I make posts about my experiences at a ski resort and you turn it into attacking me and my family? I ask again, what makes you qualified to behave or write like that. Instead of writing childish rebuttals attacking me, why not write about your positive experiences at CB.

Your response is so typical of CB diehards whose loyalty is blind, I contend that it is you who has thier head up thier ass.

aren't they a bit old to want to go to a 400ft molehill with jumps and rails?

apparently not. :)

BTW props to the ski school instructors at BB who were taking about 15 - 6 year kids down Big Boulder Trail.. THere were 3 of them. Find those instructors and let them know good job! I cringed when I saw them at first. It was refreshingly reassuring to watch that group several times go down a trail that I would have never allowed them to do so.

I'm sure you are proud that your kids are in the top 90% of the riders that ride at CB and BB!

so that must put you in the bottom 10%??? :wiggle

Tom not sure who the fuck you are - but don't attack Papa's kid because I've seen Nipples in action - and X Games he will be doing in 5 years. Realize his son is one of 4 on the team at JFBB - and there are lots of great guys there riding everyday so that says something. You can disagree all day long with Papa but his son knows his shit, rides the way everyone claims if not better, and will blow up soon so shut the fuck up.

Not to mention Tom - but you don't get the way things are going. I'm sure you've been skiing a long time, but skiing is changing. Without snowboarding even more resorts would have closed down than already have. Guess what - there are now an equal number of Park only mountains (Bear, Boreal, Echo, and the one in New Hampshire) as there are ski only mountains (Taos, Mad River Glen, Alta, Deer Valley). Lets not forget all the mountains that are putting their parks front and center. What is the most visible event annually? The X Games. What is the biggest event at the Olympics? Snowboard Halfpipe. Work in a shop and everyone under the age of 30 wants to a ski or a board that can do at least 'some park someday'. Even if the number of park rats is smaller, there are a large number of people that are aspiring to it, a large number of people who do it sometimes. I consider myself 75% out of the park, 25% in it, but I still say that the park is a major consideration in my decision on any given day. I'll have fun going fast and making turns anywhere - but there is no park at Camelback. There is nothing I would try there because I'm afraid to get hurt on their 20 foot boxes. I'll hit a 60 foot rail thats twice as high that actually has a gap at Mountain Creek - but the stuff at Camelback is so bad its unsafe.

So yes, Camelback is living in a bubble. No one is asking them to devote more than LG and Rhodo and the Halfpipe to park. But it would be nice if things were actually set up right, were built safely, and were maintained. If Camelback can't recognize which way the industry is going, then yes they live in a bubble.

Method,

No offense to you our Papa's kid, but if you think that riding on JFBB team will get you to the X Games in 5 years, you are delusional. Nowhere in Pa. has the vert, steepness, etc. for a true world class park and there are litterly thousands of kids riding in the better parks up north, out west and in other countries that could blow anyone riding at CB or JFBB out of the water. That is just the harsh reality. CB was my home mountain awhile ago, I now live in Fisco and see what is going on daily at places out here. Night and day.

Again, not trying to offend you, because your post was at least a bit more rational than Papa's. But when comparing boarder only mountains and ski only mountains, try comparing size too. The boarder only are all small areas trying to find a niche market because they can't get the skiiers / riders who want more traditional riding. More power to them, but once again, the top riders are almost always found at the large mountains that have vert and size. CB has made a decision that it doesn't need to go into that market. They obviously are getting large crowds withouth catering to the park crowd based on Papa's posts. The owners and management of each mountain gets to make those decisions and it appears you don't fit into CB target rider. Which is fine with me, and I think fine with CB. You seem to understand this a bit more than Papa and don't spend every post criticizing everything CB just becuase it is not the mountain for you.

Papa,

Let's turn the question around. What makes you qualified? Becuase you say you are qualified? Sorry, I didn't know you were the only one allowed to have an opinion. I guess that is the small world you live in. Forgive me for questioning your sole authority on all things CB, skiing, snowmaking, park construcition, ski area management and if I left anything off, I'm sure you'll tell me. You constantly rip CB, never saying anything positive. On the opposite side, you never say anything negative abou JFBB. Come one, try being a bit more balanced. You are being negative, just to be negative becuase of some personal vendetta you have against CB, and then whine when called on it.

I still find it ironic that with all the negative things you have think about CB, you thought it woudl be fine to dump your parents there because it was easy!

Not sure why this thread has been reduced to my kids or I's background. I was simply stating a ski report from this weekend, which Tom has yet to have done, and tom, if you scour back through threads you will find my critisisms about JFBB too. You will also find them about Bear and Blue. What you will also seee first and foremost is praise on how I feel the smaller resorts treat thier customer.

Even funnier when you talk about world class parks in our area. Ask my son on which park he would choose to ride on a daily basis given the opportunity. Breck or Big Boulder.. Be careful with that...... hahahahahaaaa

So about those qualifications? How about 22 different resorts last year with over a 1m in vertical - in 04/05, 24 different resorts. etc etc. Check the stats above Tom. And if that is not good enough I am involved with many aspects of snow related activities and industries year around. Forget what I spend annually consuming this stuff. I don't throw money around with out investigating what I am buying.

Forget that my one kid just won 2 out of the 3 competitions in Vermont 2 weeks ago or that he will be competing Nationally representing Stowe or the BB Team or his sponsors. And certainly my other kid, who is very likely one of the fastest J4 racers in PA. My kids have nothing to do with whether I know anything about snow related activities. I am just the taxi. LOL!

My viewpoints are strictly from the consumer side and you should listen. You are probably not very much of a consumer are you, Tom. You just think CB is perfect and they shouldn't improve or can't improve on anything, can they?

What about you Tom? took a couple of certification courses ran by locals and get a season pass to CB? what do you have?

so you are happy with your condo purchase at CB?

Please post your last criticism of JFBB. Last I saw, you defended their not blowing snow when they could. But you were highly critical of CB for not blowing when, in your expert snowmaking opinion, they could. How about listing the last positive comment you made about CB?

Thanks for the list. Might as well shut the message board down. The one and only expert of all things has spoken.

Glad you kid likes JFBB better than Breck. It should be about having fun. Maybe you should try that approach.

Thanks for letting us know how much money you spend... Makes all the difference. <_<

I never said CB was perfect. But it doesn't deserve the high level of criticism you heap on it.

poppacheese -> :bj <- Method9455

Hey Method what are you gay for mommawhine??? Tom is exactly right about how he is a whiny bitch. All he does is find excuses to go to CB but hates going there. He just hates life because he brought a place by CB and isn't happy with the mountain any more. waaah waah, poor baby.

As far as the debate about how good his kid is I'm not even going there. I haven't seen him and to tell the truth I couldn't care less if he was the next Danny Kass. I will say that I think you misread and took his remark about why mommychesseshphincter says his kids are bored as an attack. The guy makes a great point though. What did people do before there were parks???? They had to make due with whatever they had.

CB is definitely concerned more about skiiers than boarders. That is how it is. Kind of as close as you can get to Alta in the Pocanos. Anyone who wonders why this is may as well start bitching that the sky is blue and not green. It's just how it is. There are plenty of mountains within an hour that you could drive to that will better serve your needs if you want to ride the park.

I do like 1 or 2 of Blue's trails but the rest are all the same PA trails. But all this Blue/CB crap has been debated to death.

If you like Blue go to Blue, if you like BC go to BC, and if you like CB go to CB, its easy as that. I just accept PA mountains as they are and if I want a better ride I head north to NY or VT or out west and avoid PA.

EXACTLY!!!

Of course that won't stop all the douchenozzles that go to other mountains but have nothing better to do than talk crap about CB in the CB forum just to start trouble or get attention.

waaahh CB only has one jump and Blue has two. waaah waah. It's like a broken record.

But it doesn't deserve the high level of criticism you heap on it.

I am tired of seeing them announce terrain park improvements first in thier marketing and then they are last to go in. It is that simple. It reeeks that that is thier focus when it is not.

Why advertise that hype first in page long articles and not see it through. Why? explain to me why they do that?

Marjies was much better today. The way the trail was initially groomed at the turn is a bit suspect, but I thought the snow was worlds better than opening night.

The right side of Margies was sick Saturday night. Lots of bumps and drop offs. I was having a great time. They groomed it really well and yesterday the conditions were really nice. There was less ice on it and the coverage was even better. I can't wait until they get Oak Grove and Rhodo done so they can start blowing snow on the rest of the diamonds.

First, I'd like to say I don' give two douchenozzles weather or not they open the pipe or Rhodo for that matter. I like to ski Cliffy and they are not blowin snow on it yet. I dont know why there advertizing dept says they have a double diamond and it's the middle of January and it's not open yet. They keep blowin on the parks and pipes and it's not fair to the skiiers. WAAAAAAH,WAAAAAH Craig you should have a promotion at the mountain give a free lift ticket to the people that can run over the douchenozzles.

First, I'd like to say I don' give two douchenozzles weather or not they open the pipe or Rhodo for that matter. I like to ski Cliffy and they are not blowin snow on it yet. I dont know why there advertizing dept says they have a double diamond and it's the middle of January and it's not open yet. They keep blowin on the parks and pipes and it's not fair to the skiiers. WAAAAAAH,WAAAAAH Craig you should have a promotion at the mountain give a free lift ticket to the people that can run over the douchenozzles.

maybe you havent noticed but this hasnt been a great winter... so "it's the middle of January and it's not open yet." is a point less arguement. "They keep blowin on the parks and pipes and it's not fair to the skiiers." they dont have a pipe open, only one park, and SKIERS ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE CLIFFY! o and just incase you didnt notice marjies didnt open till last friday followed shortly by thr Rocket. further more it doesnt make sense for cb to open that cliffy or that side of the mountian until they have begginer intermidiate and expert trails aswell as sufficient snow to keep the mountian running.

poppacheese -> :bj <- Method9455

Hey Method what are you gay for mommawhine???

LOL

We've established that papa doesnt like camelback. He knows that we all like camelback. He comes here to antagonize because his life is so damn meaningless that he just needs the attention. Tom, you hit the nail on the head several times, but these are all things papa has heard before. Whatever papa, call me a shitty consumer for liking camelback. I do not care what the hell you say because you ARE AN IDIOT. stay away from camelback and keep you r kids away too. and jesus please keep your parents away as well. Whats the backup plan when junior realizes he doesnt have the stuff to go pro? jfbb liftie.