Bear Creek and Chapter 12

GNU_rider

Snowflex park and mtb freeride park on the same mountain - I think that is what heaven must look like. I would be there all of the time with my friends from all over. The problem is that I would have to choose which park to ride. ;)

We are investigating a lot of options, one being a summer terrain park using snowflex. The downside is you can not groom on top of snowflex so it would have to be a slope that is not covered in snow in the winter. We should have an idea of the options we are pursuing in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

wow! that is awesome to hear, I think that a snowflex facility would be an amazing source of revenue for bear creek because as of now, only one is being built in the us, in texas, so I am very interested to hear more about Bear Creeks plans with this..keep keeping us posted Mark!!!

Mark I am so glad to hear that this wasn't true and I'm also really happy to hear what you're doing and looking into, also thank you for being so involved on these forums and taking time to put things like this to rest; I also would like to add a push to thise whole snowflex summer terrain park idea, it would be a great way to bring more publicity and people to the mountain.

We have also been discussing using Timberline as a permanent mountain cross course in the summer and adding freeride park features in the upper section. It would be the easiest place to host events as well now that we have permanent timing and sound over there. The other aspect that makes the location appealing is it is out of sight and would not conflict with weekend wedding business and weekday conference business.

As of right now there is no plan to even investigate water parks. We would like to keep the activities focused on adventure outdoor activities.

The only info we can get on snowflex comes from their site. The install looks relatively complex and permanent and they clearly state that the weight of a groomer and/or contact with the tiller would damage the irrigation system in the matting. We have two calls and two emails into the US distributor and the manufacturer and have yet to receive any return communication. Hopefully they have a solution.

We began making snow on Timberline a few minutes ago and we hope to have the new quad open for tomorrow morning with Grizzly, Sasquatch and part of Broadway.

Think Cold!!!

i think as far as the snowflex goes it would bring in a whole new crowd and lots of $$ i was doin my own research on the subject and it does look like a complex build but also worth it now dealing with a spot to put is a whole other subject it would be nice to have tho i think it should be a deff consideration

The install looks relatively complex and permanent and they clearly state that the weight of a groomer and/or contact with the tiller would damage the irrigation system in the matting.

Thats a problem

We have two calls and two emails into the US distributor and the manufacturer and have yet to receive any return communication. Hopefully they have a solution.

Not a great way to run a business