Nice things about Camelback

cameltoe

yes, i know this for a fact..

Jordan

so the signs directing employees to park in a certain area.. are what? a figment of my imagination?

Ok Back on topic.

Has anyone mentioned PARK PASSES!! I saw them in action today and would like to point out that the attendant at the top of the slope has to explain why park passes are required. I think that is a great way to get the noobs educated!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this shows how narrow minded one can be. One persons bad experience results in bad customer service? Give me a break.

I feel the need to put my $.02 in on this one. If you don't care just stare at my icon for a minute or skip to the next post.

If it was one person's experience than you would have a point. It isn't one person. Not even close.

CB closes its lifts to allow thier employees to watch the super bowl thereby increasing thier profitibility (since they already sold the days ticket) thereby ensuring thier superior customer service for many years to come.

Hasn't drove you away yet...

"You don't see me there other than to get disappointed...."

Now that is funny. What is that quote thatinsanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results?

Papa, if you don't like CB, just stop going.

How much do you want to bet that Papa buys another season pass next year too!

"You don't see me there other than to get disappointed...."

Now that is funny. What is that quote thatinsanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results?

Papa, if you don't like CB, just stop going.

How much do you want to bet that Papa buys another season pass next year too!

He love it...He really does :rolleyes:

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry130236

I suppose if he doesn't move, and ridge is still doing CAT, then he might purchase a season pass.

Although he mentioned getting some comped for the next few seasons.

Anyways I'm still saying he doesn't purchase any season passes next year for CB.

Let's see what Papa is going to say! My opinion is unless he sells his condo, he will purchase a season pass.

I wasn't going to buy a pass for Nips or I this year (because of last year) until I was reassured from several CB sources that they were going to progress it's parks. We got a personal tour preseason of the new pipe and even with Stevens negative comments I persuaded him/ourselves to think positive.

When the weather turned sour and they didn't even attempt to have Laurel opened and responded with lame excuses about setting out some boxes and rails to hike, I knew then that I was fed BS and got roped into believing. Before CB was open full time I predicted that Rhodo would not amount to anything based on thier attitude towards the park during the inclement weather and it appears that I am right. I understand that the 300k investment in the pipe is a joke in that the quality of the construction is terrible. (can't blame weather on that one) - closed jumps, closed lifts, baby beginner park, flat landings, why did the Oakley series get thier parking lot rails from another source? etc etc etc...

There is no way I would buy a pass to CB again for myself or Steven and quite frankly I would like to have a refund less the 3 visits we have made.

so let me get this straight. CB is doing such a poor job of customer service that

1. They are selling too many tickets.

2. They have done a good job gaining new customers or retaining old customers such that over the past few decades, they've had the financial profits and resources to expand trails, terrain parks, expand other areas and build camel beach Water Park, and the now planned hotel and indoor water park"

3. They actually have representatives post regulary on this board.

so let me get this straight. CB is doing such a poor job of customer service that

1. They are selling too many tickets.

2. They have done a good job gaining new customers or retaining old customers such that over the past few decades, they've had the financial profits and resources to expand trails, terrain parks, expand other areas and build camel beach Water Park, and the now planned hotel and indoor water park"

3. They actually have representatives post regulary on this board.

Tom, do you know any other place other than Camelback? How often do you go to those other places? You are really clueless if you think the amount of ticket sales and customer service are somehow related.

Papa,

The only way for ticket sales and customer service not to be related is if you believe all customers are morons and incapable of making their own decisions.

That may apply to you, in relation to your season pass purchase of course, which I could understand would cloud your judgment.

A business can't be successful without customers. CB has repeatedly gotten customers for "decades" as the post suggest. They must be doing something right. Just becuase they aren't catering to you doesn't mean they aren't catering to the majority of their customers.

I guarantee that if there was a survey rating experiences, that CB would be at nearly the bottom of the list comparitively to other mountains. CB mgmt is aware this, why aren't you?

Crap - who took this thread off topic...

Nice things about CB uhhhhhhh......

CB closes areas off so kids can be closer to the lodges to warm up.

Edited by Papasteeze

How do you back up the statement "CB mgmt is aware this..."

If there was a survey available, I'm sure you would point it to us. I would guess that CB does some of its own guest surveys and uses that information to target their largest and most profitable(to CB) segment of customers. As I posted earlier, I think the opinion you posted earlier actually shows CB seems to know what they are doing. They have been profitable "for decades" and have continued to expand. Seems like a successful business to me.

Once again, it appears you believe you are the end all, be all for knowing what is and isn't good ski area management. Let us all know when you open your ski area management consulting business and how that goes.

Have you heard of "Mystery Shopper." CB uses them to help with making improvements, especially in customer service. They come here several times a season (covertly) and basically review all areas. CB generally rates very well in most areas. Areas with any deficiency is addressed asap.

There are negative experiences everywhere you go (especially if you look for them).

Edited by ski911