BC Ironworks to provide the rails!

johnnypowder

Here's the latest on the Oakley Rail Jam events being held in Bethlehem (2.11.07) & Montgomeryville (2.17.07):

A change has been made and BC Ironworks will be providing the rails! :rock

We are working with Andy to choose the best features for our events.

For Montgomeryville we also have confirmed that Bjorn and Erik Leines will be attending. We are close to confirming Kier Dillon and David Audbrey (sp?). One way or the other we will definitely have 2 additional pros hanging out for the event.

The pros will NOT be competing but will put on an exhibition and will hang out to sign autographs and BS.

I am psyched about how things are shaping up for these events. Loads of cash & prizes!

Limited to the 1st 100 competitors to sign up on active.com

Each competitor will receive a set of Skullcandy headphones just for competing (a value of $59) and just about every competitor will walk away with something in the way of product swag.

Of course Red Bull will be hanging out handing out tons of product.

The series kicks off Saturday 2.03.07 at Camelback then moves to the parking lots on 2.11.07 & 2.17.07.

Oakley + Buckman's + BC Ironworks = a great event!

what is the actual site to sign up, not just active.com cuz when i search i cant find it

the direct link is http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1393909

do you guys think its going to be like nice mellow flat box combinations or something like the down flat down, which i doupt cuz if its in a parking lot u kinda need a hill so im thinking just flat boxes, but wuts other peoples opinion.

we expect to have at least 2 options - one more technical for the open class and something a little less such as a flat box or even a butter box ideal for the groms.

as soon as we have the actual features chosen i will let you all know.

i never really understood why there has to be a beginner line at any comp... bears, blue's or this one. This is a competition, not something a "grom" should be doing.

Boyaaaaaa!

What is a grom? Is there an actual definition for the word “Grom”? Well yes, and no, depending on who you talk to. Some people, such as NSSA contest directors, will tell you that once a surfer has reached 18 years old he or she is no longer considered a grom.
Edited by Papasteeze

i never really understood why there has to be a beginner line at any comp... bears, blue's or this one. This is a competition, not something a "grom" should be doing.

Give Kids a chance!

We are not looking for beginners! It is just an age thing. If they are willling and able to stand at the top of the 18' tower and drop in then chances are they aren't noobs!

In our case grom is 12 and under.

It's our way of supporting the younger riders and exposing them to competition giving them incentive to improve and continue to compete as they get older.

If there is a rider under 12 who thinks they can hang with the older riders they are welcome to compete in the open class but for most younger riders it's not fair for them to be in an open class.

If groms don't get to compete when they are young, then as they get older they will be behind the curve.

There will be 2 lines as you drop off the ramp - choose the one that best fits your style and ability.

Be sure to bring your A game!

Oh, and watch out, I know an 8 year old boarder from Shawnee that probably will beat most of the riders in the open class!

Give Kids a chance!

We are not looking for beginners! It is just an age thing. If they are willling and able to stand at the top of the 18' tower and drop in then chances are they aren't noobs!

In our case grom is 12 and under.

It's our way of supporting the younger riders and exposing them to competition giving them incentive to improve and continue to compete as they get older.

Oh, and watch out, I know an 8 year old boarder from Shawnee that probably will beat most of the riders in the open class!

hahahaaa... uh yep, I also have seen several very young riders in our area with plently of style. The kids are fun to watch and I know most of them have a lot of fun coming out to participate. 2 Jibs is a great idea.

BTW - if at all possible, have a third jib for the kids to goof around on while they are waiting for thier heat. Maybe a little snow skate park or something...

Edited by Papasteeze