snow making

LineSki

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

camelback updated the reports condition and it says snomaking should start mid november, the mice will be blown out with in the next week i would think if snowmaking would start middle of the month.

thats just another marketing ploy. They won't start blowing till first week in december, and camelback never blows the mice out. we'll they sorta did last year, two days before the REAL snowmaking started.

CB looks like they have a ways to go before snow making - they are still in the process of putting away the pink flamingos and palm trees and covering the various pools. They won't make much snow before Thanksgiving.

Edited by skimom

CB looks like they have a ways to go before snow making - they are still in the process of putting away the pink flamingos and palm trees and covering the various pools.  They won't make much snow before Thanksgiving.

I didn't see many when I was there on sunday. And I think they have the pools as covered as they are gonna get, They have the usual fencing up.

Also they have the sunkid lift up, and a few snowguns around the base ready to go. :drool

November 10th will be the start (weather depending). I wouldn't count on skiing at CB too much before Dec 9 or 10. CB will not open without decent coverage and at least 4 or 5 trails (translated to 2 -3 from the top).

The mountain is pretty much ready to go with some minor exceptions. Quite a few guns are set up and alot of the hoses are out.

November 10th will be the start (weather depending). I wouldn't count on skiing at CB too much before Dec 9 or 10. CB will not open without decent coverage and at least 4 or 5 trails (translated to 2 -3 from the top).

The mountain is pretty much ready to go with some minor exceptions. Quite a few guns are set up and alot of the hoses are out.

theres no way...simply no way. :nono

This is inside information (I would be the insider). Obviously the start of snowmaking is very dependant on temps. Other than that they are pretty much ready to go. As far as the opening date...this is always a prediction on everyones part, but, history says the second weekend of Dec. I would love it to be sooner, however, got bet on the statistics.

This is inside information (I would be the insider). Obviously the start of snowmaking is very dependant on temps. Other than that they are pretty much ready to go. As far as the opening date...this is always a prediction on everyones part, but, history says the second weekend of Dec. I would love it to be sooner, however, got bet on the statistics.

Every mountain is ready to go.....When i went to get my pass at Blue today, some girl asked when they'd be opening, and they said early december, which is correct. How 'inside' are you at Camelback? If you don't wanna reveal your position, i understand :D