Freedom Park

asoreD

Update online says:

"1.28.07

The new freedom is done, it's a good time. We changed the fall line of the hill so dramatically with snow its nothing like the old park. We are going to be rebuilding boulder park next. So expect more new things. -Ian-"

I went and checked the features but it hasn't been updated since 1/11. If someone was there today or knows what new features are in, can you let me know?

Thanks

Mike

Update online says:

"1.28.07

The new freedom is done, it's a good time. We changed the fall line of the hill so dramatically with snow its nothing like the old park. We are going to be rebuilding boulder park next. So expect more new things. -Ian-"

I went and checked the features but it hasn't been updated since 1/11. If someone was there today or knows what new features are in, can you let me know?

Thanks

Mike

its updated on the site.. but they just didnt update the date.. thats all

I made it up there last night. Def a good time, conditions were great and Freedom is looking solid. I like how the park crew is seen raking throughout the night and checking the features... not something you see too often at other parks in PA.

One question though... What happen to the features from last year, the barrells, long coffin box at the bottom, rainbow box, c-box...ect? Were they tossed for the new boxes and rails? Not that it matters since the new features are just as good if not better, just wondering...

Edited by asoreD

One question though... What happen to the features from last year, the barrells, long coffin box at the bottom, rainbow box, c-box...ect? Were they tossed for the new boxes and rails? Not that it matters since the new features are just as good if not better, just wondering...

I was kind of wondering about that too. Especially that 40 foot rail at the bottom of the smaller park last year. I only went there twice last year and I just couldn't seemt to clean that thing. There is nothing more frustrating than to get 35 feet on a 40 foot rail. :banghead I was kind of hoping to try to conquer that one this year.

i have a confirmed report that they are putting a permanent concrete staircase on Boulder next year. so i guess staircases are so next year too.

really? When i talked to the park crew guy he said they were against staircases cause theyre useless wastes of space and are only there for looks. maybe they changed their minds.

really? When i talked to the park crew guy he said they were against staircases cause theyre useless wastes of space and are only there for looks. maybe they changed their minds.

that's what the dude told us. the 2 new stairs at bear creek are gettin rave reviews. the funny thing is they have the huge jumps on boulder, then they have a gap to a flat rail and flat-down wide box. i think those were a waste of space for an advanced park.

but all in all, the parks have been pretty sick and pretty damn fun!!

that's what the dude told us. the 2 new stairs at bear creek are gettin rave reviews. the funny thing is they have the huge jumps on boulder, then they have a gap to a flat rail and flat-down wide box. i think those were a waste of space for an advanced park.

but all in all, the parks have been pretty sick and pretty damn fun!!

But dont forget that park was pretty much built for the eat coast team challenge and theyre rebuilding the boulder park.

freedom is lookin real good tonight with all this fresh powpow

freedom is def sick.. i got up there at 3 and just rode freedom for a while since not to many people were in there. Just going from top to bottom non stop was the most fun ive had in that park.. making a sick run and working on nailing everything.. overall freedom is sick!

merry widow is still sick.. the down hand rail is really nice, the first jump and the hips are nice and like someone else once said its nice seeing the park crew walking through the parks and raking alot.. i saw them 3 times on freedom within 3 hrs and twice on merry widow

widow

that jump is so nice

haha yeah thought so.. everything was nice about both parks today BB park crew is doing a hell of a job... that was my last run i was getting worried about the roads and good thing i left then cause about 30 mins after i got back to school i looked outside and it was snowing so hard.. we got roughly 2.5 inches

jared think i saw you in freedom park today if that was you haha you guys were workin on the last boxes and i 5'ed the last jump as you were walking up

Edited by brtndominant

haha yeah thought so.. everything was nice about both parks today BB park crew is doing a hell of a job... that was my last run i was getting worried about the roads and good thing i left then cause about 30 mins after i got back to school i looked outside and it was snowing so hard.. we got roughly 2.5 inches

jared think i saw you in freedom park today if that was you haha you guys were workin on the last boxes and i 5'ed the last jump as you were walking up

a 5? god damn you whirly bird'n son of a bitch and im not a big fan of that step down box or whaetver you want to call it. it would it would be way mroe fun if it was set up on a slant like bear creek's last year