162?

Ski

On the conditions page, it says: "162 acres of skiable terrain open!" Just Easy Street and the pipe are still not open.

Montage had 140 acres. So the trees they cut were at least 22 acres?

CB is now claiming 156 and Blue says they have 130...

And the two new mile long trails scheduled for next year will put Sno well over 200---maybe twice the acres of Blue. Coooool :rock

(Just had to point this out after Jeffy dissed our little hill in a pm last night :P)

On the conditions page, it says: "162 acres of skiable terrain open!" Just Easy Street and the pipe are still not open.

Montage had 140 acres. So the trees they cut were at least 22 acres?

CB is now claiming 156 and Blue says they have 130...

And the two new mile long trails scheduled for next year will put Sno well over 200---maybe twice the acres of Blue. Coooool :rock

(Just had to point this out after Jeffy dissed our little hill in a pm last night :P)

Montage definitely isn't bigger then blue.

The new trails will be top to bottom out past the fast tracks.

Hopefully, they'll really try to work in some pitch at the top of the new trails. Upper Runaway is fine, but Upper FT is really flat. It must take a ton of snow to cover those two upper trails, since they are so freaking wide and get hit by a lot of sun. We did a few laps on them today---the lower sections were great. It'll be really interesting what they decide to do.

Anybody know the liftie that was working Iron Horse?

Wow.

She has a great personality.

Montage definitely isn't bigger then blue.

About a decade or so ago, Vermont ski areas were battling over acreage claims when Killington finally commisioned an aerial survey to once and for all say just how much bigger they were.

IDK, Nick, if you really take a look from a distance, I can see where Sno is bigger, especially now that the lower trails have snow on them. It's just that there's a lot of unused skiable acreage...like, you can't ski from edge to edge on Upper Fast Track without skating. But that's also the case with bowl skiing at huge places like Vail.

But it's true that Sno doesn't have an answer to the sustained headwalls of Blue's Razor's or Challenge. We'll have to see what they come up with over the summer.

But it's true that Sno doesn't have an answer to the sustained headwalls of Blue's Razor's or Challenge. We'll have to see what they come up with over the summer.

I never thought about that before. We know they will cut a few new trails, but do we know what kind they will be? I highly doubt that they will be greens, and that part of the mountain has a lot of blues. I would love to see a top to bottom double diamond, but with the way its currently "zoned" that wouldn't fit. Maybe just 2 or 3 more upper/lower blue to black combos? Anyone hear anything yet?

I never thought about that before. We know they will cut a few new trails, but do we know what kind they will be? I highly doubt that they will be greens, and that part of the mountain has a lot of blues. I would love to see a top to bottom double diamond, but with the way its currently "zoned" that wouldn't fit. Maybe just 2 or 3 more upper/lower blue to black combos? Anyone hear anything yet?

It's really hard to picture what they are planning, but here's their 'rendering' again:

New Trails

It's really hard to picture what they are planning, but here's their 'rendering' again:

New Trails

Ok let me rephrase that. I remembered what the trails would look like cut out, I was more wondering along the lines of pitch. Would they try to grade them in sections to add a lot of steepness, or would they just allow them to follow the natural fall of the mountian.

I think it pretty much mirrors Upper Fast Track over there. Maybe I'll take a walk tomorrow. The trails would definitely get gnarly on the bottom half, though. They could make an amazing headwall that drops to the right...maybe a steep S turn. The furthest skier's right trail would probably be a top to bottom blue square that runs along the ridgeline. And I know they want to offer TTB to intermediates.