Laurel Glade and Rhodo

YellowSnowJerseyPro

Papa,

So does Saturday and Sunday make it 4 total visits to CB for the year? A lot of negative opinion for so view visits.

Papa says in another thread today in reference to CB "I have nothing nice to say"

In this thread he says "I have a lot of good things to say about CB - you just haven't read them"

Point to a few of the good things you have said about CB ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papa,

So does Saturday and Sunday make it 4 total visits to CB for the year? A lot of negative opinion for so view visits.

5 visits so far this year. I only got passes for me and nips for the supposed park they were putting in. I figured I would be skiing there more often if he wanted to go there.

Read my other posts on why I have such a negative opinion. Frankly - we were ripped off. If CB had the beginner park from BB in the pass only park - they would actually have something worth spending half days at.

There is a separate thread about the good things.

Papa,

Papa says in another thread today in reference to CB "I have nothing nice to say"

In this thread he says "I have a lot of good things to say about CB - you just haven't read them"

is ridecb back up yet? ...influx of new members from there = :banghead

5) All the ramps are curved/launch you on a higher trajectory than the one in the picture. Its hard for me to say having not hit the jump in question, but based on that picture either the ramp is too flat or the girl is going too slow, or both.

Actually I think the ramps are fairly steep at CB, but the transition is too abrupt. Having a small radius ramp is fine for small jumps, but if CB wants to have big jumps they need a bigger radius ramp (ie, the pitch changes slower until the proper pitch for take off is reached). I personally think CB should get some smaller jumps dialed in first, as I don't think ANY of the jumps right now are worth hitting.

Agreed that landings should be steeper.

Agreed that ramps need to be much wider, and also more consistant width wise. The outter 4 feet of any jump on either side isn't worth hitting right now, so that takes 8 feet of usable lip width off of every jump. For many that doesn't leave a whole lot of room.

The way I see it a steep landing = safer.

A flat landing = cheaper for the mountain.

Some people say well with a steep landing you can overshoot/undershoot - bullshit they need to make the landing longer. That requires more snow which = more $$$, but if your park is going to be standardized over the years get out the bulldozer and start making the contour for jumps - look at Blue for a good example of that.

The way I see it a steep landing = safer.

A flat landing = cheaper for the mountain.

Some people say well with a steep landing you can overshoot/undershoot - bullshit they need to make the landing longer. That requires more snow which = more $$$, but if your park is going to be standardized over the years get out the bulldozer and start making the contour for jumps - look at Blue for a good example of that.

I have been told several times that Risk Mgmt at CB wants the improperly dressed frostbitten park rats "skidding off the snow instead of dropping out of the sky like meteors" - I have asked numerous times over 2 years whether CB would consider sending the park mgr or groomers to Cutters Camp at Hood in May all to no avail.. Anyone in the know, knows that landing should be between 32-34 degrees not the 20 they have now.. Want to borrow my inclinometer?

What baffles me is that CB is the only hill with equipment that can actually groom that grade, yet they choose, for some unknown reason to not implement the resourses they have. Could it be stupidity? Could it be Ignorance? Could it be cause I publicly suggested it numerous times when they were so proud to say they have a winch groomer.... All of the above?

To me it looks like the best park Camelback has ever done - but still the worst in the Poconos. Thats saying a lot about the other mountains more than anything about Camelback because there was a time when the park Camelback has now would have us all raving. Too bad that time has passed and the bar is raising every year. I do think its moving in the right direction with the newer jibs and the park pass, thats a big step forward.

It's baby step compared with the monster machine they have there. They even had extra time this year to plan and execute a decent leap forward.

Because, All of last year I was told to wait for this year, and now this year is here and it is painfully apparent that CB does not know how or does not care about the quality of thier park features in comparison to other hills. I ride at CB when I have to - I was there both Saturday -1/2 day and Sunday - all day. I would be there more frequently if they had done what they had me believe that they were going to do.

alright well its a good thing you dont ride there anymore. stay at boulder. everyone knows its the best, stop comparing it to other mountains.

Because you can't expect a company to react to what their customers what Papa .... DUH. I agree on the 20 degrees versus 32 - ride up the lift at a real mountain and look at the landings, and ride up a lift at Camelback and look. You see it at Creek on the first hit on Indian every year, a perfect 32 degree landing for 100 - 150 foot vert no exaggeration. They took a headwall, groomed it up to a consistent pitch, and put a jump 20-30 feet before it. You can make that jump a 30 footer or a 60 if you throw it down the landing, and no matter how fast you go you will (almost never) clear the whole landing. Go to Camelback and the landings are 30 feet tops, and flat at that. You go up the lift and they look flat, then you hit them and they feel flat. Thats not safe.

Thats funny because obviously you don't know me. I haven't entered all the stats but here is this seasons visits entered so far.

Buttmunch 2

Salad Toss 5

Clamitia 2

Bad Gas 11

Jerkin Gerkin 1

Obama Buttcrack 1

Sphincter 1

Wait til next year.

Blah blah blah, whine whine whine. :crymore::tinfoil::crymore::banghead

:deadhorse::hater::ohthedrama::banana::crymore::killyourself::yawn:yawn

What baffles me is that CB is the only hill with equipment that can actually groom that grade, yet they choose, for some unknown reason to not implement the resourses they have. Could it be stupidity? Could it be Ignorance? Could it be cause I publicly suggested it numerous times when they were so proud to say they have a winch groomer.... All of the above?

Truth. I'll take their winch cat at Blue.

You can pull sevens on the jumps in the beginner park at CB - nips told me no way could he or would he try to huck anything other than a three at CB - because you can't.

uhh..... not to be a claimer or anything, but i pull 5s on the jumps in the beginner park alot. im really suprised nips wouldnt even ATTEMPT a 5 there :blink:

Edited by splooshie

scored some fuckin free tickets for the weekend...

how's the park looking? the website is horrible at giving any type of explaination on what the hell is going on there...

how big the hits?

if you ski at BC then be prepared to be dissapointed.. the beginner park is tiny.. and rhodo is well.. the jumps arent big at all.. and well yeah its just camelback..

uhh..... not to be a claimer or anything, but i pull 5s on the jumps in the beginner park alot. im really suprised nips wouldnt even ATTEMPT a 5 there :blink:

I think his issue is with the big park shooting you straight out and not up.

scored some fuckin free tickets for the weekend...

how's the park looking? the website is horrible at giving any type of explaination on what the hell is going on there...

how big the hits?

They were announcing that is was closed for snowblowing earlier in the week, hopefully that will mean that they will shape stuff at least a little bit better than what has been. The pipe is better than nothing, but with no proper drop in - they shortened an already short pipe, good for a couple of hits. It was closed for snow msking also so hopefully they heightened the wals to what they advertise...... 13'

if you ski at BC then be prepared to be dissapointed.. the beginner park is tiny.. and rhodo is well.. the jumps arent big at all.. and well yeah its just camelback..

This is the best advice...

Boyer have you been to BB yet? spend some $$ there and be happy.

CB is definatly putting forth an effort to improving our terrain parks. I do agree the Rhodo is a bit wacked but it will definatly improve, all feedback is being considered and changes are being made. One major complaint about CB's parks was the gap between our learning park and the rhodo. The glade has all ride on boxes which won't prepare anyone for the large gap on rails in the rhodo and no rails to prepare people for hitting a rail even though the rails in rhodo are quite wide. The feedback was taken and the features we set up on the lower moores ramble park are all small gap ons, a medium size tabletop in comparison to rhodo and laurel glade and the battleship rail.

Yes its a very small park with only 5 features but it's apparent CB is trying. With it being so late in the season with the limited amount of features had to set up I think it's by far better than last season with signs of things improving more and more seasons to come.

The park pass program is working great even though they're free and available to anyone. The Rhodo almost never has any riders in it that can't handle the features and the few times that you see riders in there that can't go through it once after first getting their park pass and don't return.

The park pass program is working great even though they're free and available to anyone. The Rhodo almost never has any riders in it that can't handle the features and the few times that you see riders in there that can't go through it once after first getting their park pass and don't return.

CB needs a qualified park designer/builder slash groomer to comliment the park pass.

I def. like the results of the park pass. pretty much no one was in the bigger park and everything was groomed fuggin beautiful! rails were pretty crispy but the lips in that park were Buck! Buck! you should have seen how disapponted these squids were when they wouldnt give em a pass because they had rental equipment... idiots...

the only thing i didnt like was park passes can't be gotten until like 10 am... and then the big park is like 3 hits long, flat landings after the flat bar and c-box. had a good time even though it aint BC, blue, or BB. what they had out they kept mad crispy.

I def. like the results of the park pass. pretty much no one was in the bigger park and everything was groomed fuggin beautiful! rails were pretty crispy but the lips in that park were Buck! Buck! you should have seen how disapponted these squids were when they wouldnt give em a pass because they had rental equipment... idiots...

the only thing i didnt like was park passes can't be gotten until like 10 am... and then the big park is like 3 hits long, flat landings after the flat bar and c-box. had a good time even though it aint BC, blue, or BB. what they had out they kept mad crispy.

Hey, sarcastic posts aren't helping our cause. The CB managment can't see the humor in it, so they assume that this is a compliment.