Urban Slopestyle

Matt B

ugh now i dont think im going...my friend said he doesnt want to cuz of the impending weather...and i hav to go with a friend...any chance this would get postponed due to weather?

Most likely not. If the mountains open it should happen. I heard from a little bird on my window that the weather isn't sposed to move in until later, hopefully after the comp. We'll see won't we...

Hey everyone,

Tonight is the final event in the SHOWDOWN competition series and it will be held regardless of the weather. As of now, the forecast is showing light rain from about 6-9pm and the heavier rain doesn't start until later, so hopefully it will hold out.

The registration will take place from 4-5:30 at Guest Services. We are limiting the competition to 100 competitors, so show up early to make sure you get a spot. As always, the cost is $15 and you get a free t-shirt for entering.

Everyone that registers to compete tonight will also be entered into a drawing that is taking place before the awards ceremony. We have some left over prizes from our competition series that we want to give out- including two snowboards (from Burton and Flow), Rossignol travel bags and some gift certificates to The Ski Bum! You must be present to win, so if you are competing tonight, be sure to stick around.

After the awards ceremony for the Urban Slopestyle event we will be giving out the prizes for the overall winner in each division- and they are awesome! The Open Class ski winner will get Atomic Triplet skis, goggles and get to pick out a full outfit from Predatorwear. The Open Class snowboard winner will get a new Burton board, Flow bindings and goggles. In total, we'll be giving out over $5,600 in prizes and gift certificates to the overall winners!

See you tonight!

idk about me about it seams that there is always a problem at the comp.

either the judges are getting people and scores messed up

or that they pick like kids doing 5050 on everything for the finals

and get an people who knows what they are talking about cause like the announcer was calling 270's like boardslides and and just switch out

and why are they always on thursday night ... so why does it matter if the park is closed down for 2 hours on a saturday morning night comps arent good

B)-->

QUOTE(Matt B @ Mar 2 2007, 01:02 PM) 139187[/snapback]
idk about me about it seams that there is always a problem at the comp.

either the judges are getting people and scores messed up

or that they pick like kids doing 5050 on everything for the finals

and get an people who knows what they are talking about cause like the announcer was calling 270's like boardslides and and just switch out

and why are they always on thursday night ... so why does it matter if the park is closed down for 2 hours on a saturday morning night comps arent good

Yea i deffinetly agree, and they really messed up the 12-15 year old division. It was the biggest division and only three people advanced, and later we found out that those werent even the right people(which i agree because they were only doing 50-50s) but that ment that the peopel who should of made top 5 didnt and didnt get to do a final run. Most people will put down a confident sick run their frist run and then go all out for the finals but in the 12-15 division they didnt even give the right peopel a chance to have their final run, very bad comp im sorry, I think there should be another one in the day time like Matt B said to make up for this one, and also i dont really mind the announcer, me and my freinds love to hear what he has to say in the comps because he is completely rong on everything

Yea the comp was unorganized. I was in the 21 and up class and I think that there were like 10-15 people in it and 5 advanced. Why would only 3 advance in the 12-15 group if there were more than the 21 and up class? Didn't hear the announcers tho, I sat in the rain freezing because I had no idea when I had to go. Took third btw.

I could never understand why they never have comps during the day.More people would enter,the riding would be way better,the spectator crowd would be bigger,just better PR all around.Closing the trail for two hours wouldn't be a big deal...hell they close timberline for almost three hours for "race training" every Sat and Sun morning.

yea i agree with Matt, bear comps always seem to have bad judging in my opinion. I got 3rd in the rail comp and im not complaining but it seems like if u can do a frontflip off of a rail and boardslide and 50-50 everything else u got the comp. beat. i dont know, its just weird how the results come out.....they always keep you guessing.