Camels park

Saurus

to get a park pass you go to the red shed at the top of rhodo to watch a video, they show the vid on the hour every hour and the guys are pretty chill. If theres a long line for the pass, dont waste your time, the hip is one of the only well kept features on rhodo, lower moores ramble is usually more fun and better kept

for all you people that hate on camelbacks park, your obviously not there enough to talk shit. im there everday, if someone wants to try a new mountain out, let them.

In your opinion, how often do you have to be at CB and how many other parks to you have to go to be allowed to talk shit?

How many other parks have you been to this season?

If there is someone who is going to pay a day rate and they want to know about the park at CB. Then please explain to me why anyone (who is park oriented) should waste thier time and money at CB for a park?

What is the set up there? Got any current pictures? Was the pipe ever cut this weekend?

In your opinion, how often do you have to be at CB and how many other parks to you have to go to be allowed to talk shit?

How many other parks have you been to this season?

If there is someone who is going to pay a day rate and they want to know about the park at CB. Then please explain to me why anyone (who is park oriented) should waste thier time and money at CB for a park?

What is the set up there? Got any current pictures? Was the pipe ever cut this weekend?

in my opinion more then once

papanosteeze ask toast about talking shit, i wasnt the one telling people not to go to camelback, so why are you asking me..?

camelback, boulder, shawnee, sno.

why dont you ask your son about that, i could of sworn he said it improved?

and nope...the pipe was not cut either. fine, you win i will go to boulder and kill it in there pipe....oh wait nevermind i heard the walls arent even vert/

but honestly it wont stop you anyway. you will always continue to hate on camelback.

I am giving up on CB and plan on telling anyone interested in primarily park to not waste thier money visiting there.
I was there yesterday. he said overall the park is a little bit better.

but what do we have here.

i thought you were planning on telling people to not waste there money there if they were primarily intrested in park? but here you are at camelback...oh yeah and when i asked if you were hitting anything in the park you didnt answer...?, i thought you would be right on top of that. i have nothing more to say...

get at me papa

Edited by KyleL

I was at CB saturday morning for first powder tracks and no other reason. The pipe and trees around the pipe were good saturday morning.

SO that you can know - go into my stats and review each time we were at CB for condition comments. I bought season passes based on thier advertising of "competition ready pipe" and the indications that they were going to have a progressive park worthy of passes.

even little boulder cut thier pipe on Saturday.

I "hate" on CB because they ripped us off and I don't want anyone who is looking for a park to go thier with positive expectations. I don't believe for a moment that anyone at that resort who is involved with the park is proud of it. If they are, well...............

papanosteeze ask toast about talking shit, i wasnt the one telling people not to go to camelback, so why are you asking me..?

why? he is right and you are wrong for calling him out. Thats why I am asking you on who you think is qualified to talk crap on CB's parks.

i talk shit on CB's park all the time.. i was up there yesterday and i didnt even ride park because it was horrible.. i took two runs through rhodo and decided not to waist my time with another, and a few through LG before rhodo opened.. then i mainly just rode trails since that was what i was planning on doing in the first place. If i want to ride park ill go to BB and tell anyone who wants to ride park to go there.. but for trails ill go to CB and once again tell any one who wants to hit up some nice trails to head there.. but if someone is good at park and really planning on going to CB for their park.. ill tell them to take the extra 20 mins or whatever, depending on where you are coming from, and tell them to hit up BB instead.

For beginners CB is awesome! their beginner park is great for people just getting into the whole park scene. As for advanced riders, well CB blows the big one. The jumps in rhodo arent that great, although the hip is well built and alot of fun. The rails are just wack right now. The pipe is usually i good condition so if someone was going to CB for a pipe then i dong think they would be too dissapointed.

I don't believe for a moment that anyone at that resort who is involved with the park is proud of it. If they are, well...............

Actually... I think KyleL is on the park crew.

Things are better, but not great. I was kind of assuming this would be what the park was like at the beginning of the season (snow permiting) and getting better the whole way through, with more jibs throughout. Instead it took the better part of the season for them to shape things halfways decently (but still not great).

I guess whats so frustrating is CB has the biggest profits, and you would think if they wanted to really revamp anything, they could throw a good amount of money at it and easily have the best in the poconos. CB supposedly revamps their park, and still ranks at the bottom of the list in terms of pocono parks. I've heard things don't happen overnight, but BB made it happen, BC made it happen a few years ago, when out of nowhere they had this great park which pushed all the mountains (except CB) to step it up.

I think at this point totally ragging on CB for having a completely lousy park isn't resonable, but... It's still not anywhere near where the other mountains are at. I agree going to CB just for parks is a waste, but if you're their and ride park, you could take a few laps and land some tricks.

I think the problem is most park rats would like to lap the park 90% of the time. CB's park just isn't fun enough (for me) to do that. I can spend all day in the park at BC, Shawnee, BB, Sno, Blue and even JF which doesn't have a good park reputation at all, since it's basically the "leftover" jibs from BB and 2 medium sized hits.

I was at CB earlier today for an hour and the park was in about as good a shape as it has ever been so I'm going to take a few laps before they close the stevenson!

why? he is right and you are wrong for calling him out. Thats why I am asking you on who you think is qualified to talk crap on CB's parks.

im wrong? wrong for defending the mountain that i ride at?

Actually... I think KyleL is on the park crew.

nahhh im not i was hoping to be this year but i think i will be next year.

actually i will be working at CB and riding at BB next year since i will be driving by then

I think at this point totally ragging on CB for having a completely lousy park isn't resonable, but... It's still not anywhere near where the other mountains are at. I agree going to CB just for parks is a waste, but if you're their and ride park, you could take a few laps and land some tricks.

agreed

Edited by KyleL

for all you people that hate on camelbacks park, your obviously not there enough to talk shit. im there everday, if someone wants to try a new mountain out, let them.

Wait, I have to ride CB's shitty park all year in order to talk shit on them? No need I wanted to leave after the first run.

Don't hate on people because you only have access to CB's park.

Wait, I have to ride CB's shitty park all year in order to talk shit on them? No need I wanted to leave after the first run.

Don't hate on people because you only have access to CB's park.

ahhh mann your soooo right... im an idiot, go ahead talk shit about cb

Edited by KyleL

ok ppl i woprk at camelback for 7 years im not scared to admit it , its this simple shut the hell up , if ya dont like it then dont go there , maybe ya shopuldnt have bought a pass sux for you , i think cb improved alot on there park , much better than it has been in the past , its new to them wait itss just going to get better im sure ...

im wrong? wrong for defending the mountain that i ride at?

Eh I disagree with you there - don't defend it just because it is your 'home' mountain. I finally bailed on Mountain Creek after being a pass holder for 5 years. The difference is that I bitched and complained about my home mountain on their forum all the time and sometimes it helped and sometimes it didn't. The park crew definately listened to everyone talking on there, but above them no one really did. So if you bitched about a rail having a crappy setup it got fixed in a day or two, if you bitched about not getting enough snow in the park - nothing happened. Everyone who wasn't from MC used to come and be like THIS IS AWESOME when they went through the park, and all the locals would complain cuz it could be better. We always knew that the year before they had a better jump here or a better setup here. If you put together the best feature from every one of the last 5 or 6 years there it would be the #1 park in the country, they just never had enough snow to put them all up at once. So we always complained even though we came back year after year.

Looks like the opposite here - all the CB locals defend it, all the people visiting rip on it. Its your pass man, buying a pass doesn't mean you have to take what they give you and be happy with it, everything can always be improved. It just depends where the priorities are - I don't think Camelback's priority is the park. I'm not saying it should be, it would be stupid if every mountain went all park or even their main feature was the park. Then you would just have people running all over the parks. I think Camelback should focus on progresion sized parks instead of trying to build up the bigger stuff - its just not attracting anyone so either do it right or don't do it at all.

im so sick of people using the "its new to us" argument. blue uses it too.

its new to you, so what. there are plenty of people who know what they are doing.. and to get even easier...its not hard to pick up a shovel and experiment around a little bit with some snow. just look at a picture of a good park setup and if you have any skill at all you could do it. it all just depends on how much time/money you want to put into it.