N.E.

skidude

Hey this week I was up at Okemo, Stratton and Belleyare

Stratton was warm one day, and then it rained, the next day it wasn't so nice, as all the rain froze up and they couldn't groom.

Okemo made snow, and was nicer, but one trail (that most of the other trails went into) was poorly groomed, but the rest of the mountain was really nice.

Belleyare was.... :drool with nice soft powdery bumps on the top half, and desent snow on the bottom half. I called Ski999 up from Vt, and we desided that today we should hit up Bell. Deffinatly the best day of all.

I think all the areas are a lot better now that they have had time to groom, and snowmake...That being said, here comes a 1/2" of rain :banghead:banghead:banghead

It's pretty crazy that ski areas that have been open for weeks still only have a single run off the top. Belleayre did a great job of piling snow on one black diamond, so there were soft moguls on a slope a little longer and steeper than CB's Rocket, which dumped you onto a runout that's a decent intermediate cruiser. Pretty empty for the first 1 1/2 hrs., then people showed up.

And props to Skimom for being able to hammer a black diamond bump run! I almost went into the woods twice.

I just got back from Killington, which was pretty decent for the weather we've been given.

On Friday, crowds weren't bad until after 12:00, but then it got really bad. Everything got scraped off pretty quickly after that. The worst part was having to take an onslaught of snowblowers to an unprotected face, since I forgot a bandana.

Saturday it was packed by 8:30, but conditions were great. It was warmer so they turned the snowguns off and the snow softened up. They had a few nice bump runs to get the thighs burning. T-park wasn't bad for early on either. By 2:00, when I left, it was nothing but ice and human slalom so I came back to the Land of No Snow (PA) :banghead

It's pretty crazy that ski areas that have been open for weeks still only have a single run off the top. Belleayre did a great job of piling snow on one black diamond, so there were soft moguls on a slope a little longer and steeper than CB's Rocket, which dumped you onto a runout that's a decent intermediate cruiser. Pretty empty for the first 1 1/2 hrs., then people showed up.

And props to Skimom for being able to hammer a black diamond bump run! I almost went into the woods twice.

Skiing is a 100% go for next weekend, but I want some place i can rip, not do bumps, so unless they start making some more snow, and groom, i guess i'm VT bound, maybe i'll ski with Greg, since hes with alot of n00bs/ cruisers :D

Skiing is a 100% go for next weekend, but I want some place i can rip, not do bumps, so unless they start making some more snow, and groom, i guess i'm VT bound, maybe i'll ski with Greg, since hes with alot of n00bs/ cruisers  :D

I'd be happy to ride anything, but I don't have the money or the time. Trying to save up for a trip out west this spring :drool

On Friday, crowds weren't bad until after 12:00, but then it got really bad. Everything got scraped off pretty quickly after that. The worst part was having to take an onslaught of snowblowers to an unprotected face, since I forgot a bandana.

yeah when i went up there i forgot my googles, by the end of two runs i couldnt open my eyes so i was forced to go by the cheapest pair of googles for 45 dollars and then i couldnt eat, but it was still worth it