Better Route to Blue in bad conditions....

phillycore

I've never had to travel to Blue in really bad conditions without an AWD or 4WD vehicle before and I'm getting worried about this trip more and more when I think about the way I currently go there... My little car simply ain't going to get there that way...

I normally come up the turnpike to rt 22 then take the 2nd exit and then it gets really back-woods from there through little towns and over some wicked ass bridge, etc..

I used to go some other way using Macarthur road or something, but I can't remember that way as it's been a while...

What's the best route for me to get there tomorrow that's the most likely to be plowed, cause I know my current route isn't going to be..

Help a brother out I DON'T want to waste a pow day at Camelback or JF simply for better roads.

From what I remember the macarthur road way was turning right at the McDonalds or something like that..... damn it's been like forever since I went that way...

turnpike-22-145-blue mt drive-you're there

That seems just sooo much easier than the way I currently go....lol

MacArthor Road (Route 145 North) is right off or 22, a few miles east of the Lehigh Valley Exit off the Turnpile.

Take that to Blue Mountain Drive (it's a stoplight after a bridge about a mile north of Laury's Station).

Make a right, go through the two stop lights, and up the mountain and you're there.

That's the way I'll be taking tomorrow to avoid any problems on the backroads.

A good way to go (though a bit longer) when you dont have AWD for 4WD is to just go around the mtn. I had a mustang up until the Sept and whenever bad weather hit, I could never make it over a speed bump in the road. So I used to take MacArthur Road-145 up to Blue Mtn Drive. Here there are 2 ways you can go.... 1 you can either go straight thru the light and stay on 145 to Palmerton or take Blue Mtn drive and when you get to the 1st stop light, make a left at the gas station and follow that to Palmerton. Get off at Palmerton and then follow that straight down till you get to Blue. I think there is construction on a bridge about 1/2 mile from Blue's base parking lot so there may be a detour. But its a great way to go when you dont have a car that can handle bad conditons going up/down a big hill or mountain. Sure it takes a bit longer, but the stress level and worrying about getting stuck are far less.