Sno Mountain Weekend Edit

xNick11

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should through a cork or rodeo in there... haha you guys are good enough...

Nick, you got any recomdations on what kinda twin tips i oughta buy? (i'm not the richest person ever so...)

Skis are all preference.Last year I use to ride the Armada Ar5's(soft/hard flex),this year I got some Salomon Thrusters(Soft flex) and by mid season they got really floppy and now I've gone back to my armadas cause I can't land stuff anymore because of how soft the skis are.

I would suggest maybe Dynstar Trouble Makers for you or something by Rossignal,Armadas are good to.I beat the hell out of my armadas and they only have like 3 or 4 edge cracks on both skis together.On my Salomons I have 6 edge cracks on each ski.I wouldn't buy Salomon if you plan on doing a lot of rails.I found out that their edges just don't hold up for me.

I would suggest maybe Dynstar Trouble Makers

I'll give the nod to the TMs. I've skied em for two years and blew up my pair of the old style construction, but have been running strong on this seasons. KT and I were just talking the other day about how much better they seem at holding up now. Dynastar had a bad rep for edge problems, but no one has really said anything bad about the newer ones. Next year they are 3cm bigger all around, come in a 168 instead of 165, and they raised the tail a little bit to make them ride switch better.

Dude I'm like 5'6" or 7" on a good day, and I'm tryin to rock 175's next season. For next season they are making the Trouble Maker in a 160, which is definitely short enough for you. There is a chance I'll be skiing on Lines next year and I'd ski a 178 in those. All about goin' long and center mounting.

Dude I'm like 5'6" or 7" on a good day, and I'm tryin to rock 175's next season. For next season they are making the Trouble Maker in a 160, which is definitely short enough for you. There is a chance I'll be skiing on Lines next year and I'd ski a 178 in those. All about goin' long and center mounting.
I don't think going long is to good for when your just learning in the park scene.I can easily rock some 180+cm skis in the park but thats just way to much,especially for around here.I wouldn't go past a 177 in the park.Im like 5"9' and I ride 170 and 171's.Next year im definitely stepping up to the 176 range tho.

for all i see, they are a lil' big for me... i only see 165's and 175's... i need 150's lol...

We have several pairs of skis in the range you want. 3 pairs AR-3's Armada at 150cm. well used and broken in. Salomon Flyers at 158cm. atomic punx at 158cm, t-halls at 161cm...... yeah if you are learning at 5'3" 150cm is good.

Don't let everyone convince you that skis over your head is the only way to go. There is a reason why most of them have blown knees and all kinds of other problems

We have several pairs of skis in the range you want. 3 pairs AR-3's Armada at 150cm. well used and broken in. Salomon Flyers at 158cm. atomic punx at 158cm, t-halls at 161cm...... yeah if you are learning at 5'3" 150cm is good.

Don't let everyone convince you that skis over your head is the only way to go. There is a reason why most of them have blown knees and all kinds of other problems

Buyer beware when looking at used park gear unless you're planning on using it to hit urban setups (concrete, asphalt, street rails, etc...). Thats fine if you wanna check out Papa's sons old gear, but buyer beware man. I have nothing against Papa and I'd back him up as a legit guy and seller anyday, but I don't sell my beat up park gear to people looking to actually ski on it. I just don't see it as an honest thing to do. If you want a ski that is going handle well all season and not leave you hangin' come February cuz it blew up when you landed on your tips, then buy new stuff.

No one is trying to convince him that he needs skis over his head. 160cm equals 5.2ft. That is not exactly over his head. How old are you Mike? If you're getting taller and heavier (you sound like you're still growing), you're going to want a ski that is going to last you the full season. I have seen soooooooo many young teenagers blow the crap out of the biggest size in a kids ski (including myself when I was a few years back), and as soon as they got the adult model in the smallest size were good for the rest of the season.

I'm young yet... I'm currently only 14 going to be 15 soon... But still, I'm really short... And being that you say 160's are as tall as me, 150-160 range seems where i'm going to have to go. And I see what you mean about used stuff... But I'm not really sure how much abuse i could possibly put them through...

Oh, and guys, i just checked the cash bank, and i'm running rather low lately (had to hit up the mall a few times) so I may definatly go used, and under 400...

Is The Ski Corner worth looking at? I here they have 50% off all ski's...

I'm young yet... I'm currently only 14 going to be 15 soon... But still, I'm really short... And being that you say 160's are as tall as me, 150-160 range seems where i'm going to have to go. And I see what you mean about used stuff... But I'm not really sure how much abuse i could possibly put them through...

Oh, and guys, i just checked the cash bank, and i'm running rather low lately (had to hit up the mall a few times) so I may definatly go used, and under 400...

Is The Ski Corner worth looking at? I here they have 50% off all ski's...

I guess ski corner will be fine for you.They have really small skis their and I don't think they sell past like a 170cm lol.

haha yea that'd work...

Hey can any of you guys cork? I thought I saw a cork5 last sunday... but i wasent really paying attencion...

Wolverine21 does the corks.

I personally suck at corking on skis,idn why,I can do it on tramps and my Rollerblades fine but its just weird how I throw my body with skis on.Ill work on them next year.

cool cool, i'm definatly going to have to ski with you guys... You all know a kid i know very good... uh... shit whats his name... Diezol! Uh... Robert! yah... he says he ski's with you allot, he says he is sking friday, and if you all are sking, i'm going to have to ski with you's for awhile.. cause like... no one i know is going up, other than him... if you all dont mind... i wont get in the way...

Oh Nick... what do I here you suck doing anything but the park? :-\... hehe sorry...

cool cool, i'm definatly going to have to ski with you guys... You all know a kid i know very good... uh... shit whats his name... Diezol! Uh... Robert! yah... he says he ski's with you allot, he says he is sking friday, and if you all are sking, i'm going to have to ski with you's for awhile.. cause like... no one i know is going up, other than him... if you all dont mind... i wont get in the way...

Oh Nick... what do I here you suck doing anything but the park? :-\... hehe sorry...

If Rob told you that hes fag.He has the worst style ever.Rob is so gay.Period.The End.