Online petition

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papasteeze.....on behalf of many people let me say.....that you have NO idea what the f*ck you are talking about. Stop acting like the god of skiing. You have zero idea as to what is involved in operating a successful ski area. On a side note, everytime I see you somewhere you are running your mouth...not skiing. I see you take one or two runs then click out of your skis and start flapping your gums. Grow up. Quit living vicariously through your kids. Ski when you can, where you can...and stop stop your continuous unfounded bitching.

Papasteeze.....on behalf of many people let me say.....that you have NO idea what the f*ck you are talking about. Stop acting like the god of skiing. You have zero idea as to what is involved in operating a successful ski area. On a side note, everytime I see you somewhere you are running your mouth...not skiing. I see you take one or two runs then click out of your skis and start flapping your gums. Grow up. Quit living vicariously through your kids. Ski when you can, where you can...and stop stop your continuous unfounded bitching.

Why should I stop bitching? Who is bitching, I offer posible solutions and you offer what in your post above.. Think about it.

What is wrong with begging for a ski slope to stay open that still has snow on it? Unfounded?

So, your point must be that you know I'm right and that the truth hurts? :wiggle

Not gonna happen. No way. No how. Absolutely, positively closed until the May rail jam. Sorry folks.

Trust me. I know. Go diggin through posts from 2 or 3 months ago and you will see that I called the 15th as last day. Yes, I know that the 14th was technically the last day, but that was only due to freakish rain. I know some people who know some people.

These are your posts above in this thread, what do you offer except to say NO. Below, I point out what I think is the problem, qualify my observations and my lack of inside knowledge and then I go on to offer possible solutions along with some typical business justification as to why you guys won't try to stay open as a zinger....

What do you come to this board offering? You my friend are the one "bitching" at what? the customer? nice.............

You got to spend a little to make a little..... I know that I would have advertised. I would have blown snow a week ago when it was cold enough and advertised the hell out of it... But hey, I don't know the costs.... Nothing ventured nothing gained... maybe next year.

It is unheard of that a local ski area was open in April and I contest that it is still unheard of - hell, ski shops don't even know that Boulder was open. Even some cheap viral marketing would be better than nothing. simple radio spots? How about hyping it on message boards? I check thier myspace every once in a while and it has been dead. Thats unusual...

I got a number of people to visit from long distances and the reaction was all the same.. HOLY SHIT!! - Look, its good for the regulars with no crowds, but the reason they aren't selling any tickets is because few people realize what they have.

Fat and happy is the thought that occurs to me, I heard early on (mid season) that Boulder had it's best season ever.

Edited by Papasteeze

Furthermore Fluffy. regardless of how many runs I make at Boulder, my time spent on the slopes is exactly as you point out, running my mouth, observing and learning and speaking on the behalf of the kids. I am very proud of the time that I spend on the slopes and how that time is spent and WHERE it is spent.

Best point I just thought of, is how kids will complain to me but are afraid to say anything to BB. Now what is up with that? Interesting thing happened Saturday and to those who were there........... awwww nevermind.. PM if you are interested.

farva.jpg

nope...... :wiggle

Why should I stop bitching? Who is bitching, I offer posible solutions and you offer what in your post above.. Think about it.

What is wrong with begging for a ski slope to stay open that still has snow on it? Unfounded?

So, your point must be that you know I'm right and that the truth hurts? :wiggle

Furthermore Fluffy. regardless of how many runs I make at Boulder, my time spent on the slopes is exactly as you point out, running my mouth, observing and learning and speaking on the behalf of the kids. I am very proud of the time that I spend on the slopes and how that time is spent and WHERE it is spent.

Best point I just thought of, is how kids will complain to me but are afraid to say anything to BB. Now what is up with that? Interesting thing happened Saturday and to those who were there........... awwww nevermind.. PM if you are interested.

I was there saturday, what happened?

• 11 months later...
You got to spend a little to make a little..... I know that I would have advertised. I would have blown snow a week ago when it was cold enough and advertised the hell out of it... But hey, I don't know the costs.... Nothing ventured nothing gained... maybe next year.

It is unheard of that a local ski area was open in April and I contest that it is still unheard of - hell, ski shops don't even know that Boulder was open. Even some cheap viral marketing would be better than nothing. simple radio spots? How about hyping it on message boards? I check thier myspace every once in a while and it has been dead. Thats unusual...

I got a number of people to visit from long distances and the reaction was all the same.. HOLY SHIT!! - Look, its good for the regulars with no crowds, but the reason they aren't selling any tickets is because few people realize what they have.

Fat and happy is the thought that occurs to me, I heard early on (mid season) that Boulder had it's best season ever.

Hey Fluffy, I give you exhibit 1 in reference to this year old argument.

Picture338.jpg

I know you are a die hard/fight to the death Boulder fan but really, you were mentioning Saturday that BB will close. I am doing everything I can to help sell some tickets to make it worthwhile to stay open. What are you doing this year? :nana:nono

Edited by Papasteeze

am i missing something?

maybe :) I am sort of , probably ending up, picking a fight with fluffy on something from last year about this same time. I am using Camelback as an example, blowing snow for an event and staying open well into April. The point is they are advertising.

felt liek stirring some end of the season controversy. :devil:

maybe :) I am sort of , probably ending up, picking a fight with fluffy on something from last year about this same time. I am using Camelback as an example, blowing snow for an event and staying open well into April. The point is they are advertising.

felt liek stirring some end of the season controversy. :devil:

No. I don't really find it worthwhile to fight about something we talked about a full year ago. BB will stay open into April again just as it did last year. If Camelback wants to blow snow then more power to them. I hope that event is HUGE...because that is the only way to make blowing snow at this point in the year a sensible move. I hope it works out great for them.

Years ago, I worked at a restaurant where I went to school. As an official policy, this restaurant did zero advertising. No radio, tv, or print whatsoever. The idea behind this was to save the millions others spend on advertising and put that back into making a better product and relying on word of mouth. The owner of this particular restaurant broke even on a 2 million dollar investment after one year.

I'm not saying BB has this as a policy or that I think they should. My point simply is that advertising is not the end-all, be-all solution for every business.

The only reason Camelback is doing any of this is to attempt to keep up with the standard that BB has already set. IMHO.

CB has 800 vertical, and a good amount of terrain. advertising will get them business from the casual skier.

BB has a park and what? 400 vertical?. They already get the diehard "newschoolers" crowd without any advertising because those people already know that they are open. the casual skier probably won't go to boulder in april to ski a park or the one 8 second run they have open.

No. I don't really find it worthwhile to fight about something we talked about a full year ago. BB will stay open into April again just as it did last year.

I, along with hundreds of others want you to stay open every weekend until the May Rail Jam.

CB has 800 vertical, and a good amount of terrain. advertising will get them business from the casual skier.

BB has a park and what? 400 vertical?. They already get the diehard "newschoolers" crowd without any advertising because those people already know that they are open. the casual skier probably won't go to boulder in april to ski a park or the one 8 second run they have open.

Maybe I've been in the sun too long, but I think he sorta just agreed with me. Maybe just a little.

I, along with hundreds of others want you to stay open every weekend until the May Rail Jam.

Well, if hundreds of people continue to show up then BB will probably stay open until May Day. Those hundreds of people have to keep coming.

Well, if hundreds of people continue to show up then BB will probably stay open until May Day. Those hundreds of people have to keep coming.

Then re-open Love park with a few medium sized jumps. Boulder is too big for some and the other park is a joke for jumps. There is a TON of snow left on Love and I can't understand why it was closed in the first place.