Anyone Hear Anything?

Schif

Do they even blow? I heard they get enough natural snowfall they dont need to blow, but I could be totally wrong. Either way I'm heading up there a couple of times this year, supposed to be a really nice mountain.

I love Elk. It's a great mountain. Slow lifts, but the amazing snow conditions make up for it. :)

I'd be pumped if they were they beat out CB, Blue, etc to be open. I'd def take a trip up there to ride for the first day!!!

Elk has a certain feel when you ski there. I think the "feel" is partly there because you feel like you're in the mountains. No tower mountained guns (all their guns are moveable tripod guns) and no lights (only on a few trails) obscure the natural beauty of the mtn. So its you, snow, and trees. I think the lack of tower mounted guns could be why they aren't a snowmaking powerhouse that Blue is. That aside they do get alot more snow (it's already snowed 1 inch down here, and next day when i skiied at elk they had 6+ inches), they don't seem to get terrain open that quickly, and I doubt they'd beat Blue or Shawnee to open.

• 2 weeks later...