what will be the new signal for "winter is here"?

rgrwilco

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I went to killy it took roughly 12 hours to get there from psu. We had to stop 3 times because its a rule for the bus drivers on long trips like that. it was snowing heavy in VT which slowed us up a ton and then there was a little incident involving the new york state police, a stolen bike, and kids with cancer.

the trip back was better, but still took just under 10 w/ all the stops and the fact that a bus doesn't fare well in snowy and windy VT roads. Apparently there really aren't a whole lot of big highways in that state.

Schif, i was on that Killington Trip but im from Pitt. It was the first weekend in december and K closed for one day and was pumping snow the whole next day. very weak trip, i think ill head to tremblant over break instead. what a joke that little learning hill was...but i guess just to ride was something.

I could imagine midster. I signed up and paid for it last year but didn't end up going because they cancelled it haha. I guess it was for the best because I missed a pretty weak trip and got all my money back. I'm really hesitant about signing up for it this year too. Last year was a major fluke that people got refunds so I'm not really counting on it again if i sign up and try to bail.

I've got to make a decision by thursday though because thats when the meeting about the trip is. I just don't want to drop some "mad squilla" as Doug would say on a bunny hill and snow guns in my face the whole time. Plus its going to be the first weekend I'll be 21 so I'll definitely be having a good time if i stay home...

Penn State can be as snobby as an Ivy League, or they will let anyone in like a CC. It kind of depends on what you're into. If you're willing to go to a branch campus, anyone with a pulse can "go to penn state". Main campus as a freshman is pretty tough. Depending on what you're going for its either hard to get into or pretty easy. You obviously don't exactly need straight A's if you want to come here for business or turfgrass, but you better damn well be close to a 4.0 if you want any chance of main campus for engineering.

Penn State can be as snobby as an Ivy League, or they will let anyone in like a CC. It kind of depends on what you're into. If you're willing to go to a branch campus, anyone with a pulse can "go to penn state". Main campus as a freshman is pretty tough. Depending on what you're going for its either hard to get into or pretty easy. You obviously don't exactly need straight A's if you want to come here for business or turfgrass, but you better damn well be close to a 4.0 if you want any chance of main campus for engineering.

If you attend summer session before your freshman year they will take just about anyone with a C average, average SAT scores and parents who are willing to pay out of state tuition.

were you involved in alot of other activities in high school? I had a 3.9 and got accepted there, but it was the only college that didnt offer me any money

2300 SATs, president of 3 clubs, member of a few others, I dunno. I loved the vibe of Penn State, the foot ball games seemed like pretty much the ultimate college experiance, the campus is decent, but I didn't really like their engineering program. I have a friend from high school who went there and hes very happy with the engineering school, but I felt better at University of Delaware, its a hell of a lot smaller. So for example, I'm a sophmore here and my advisor is the dean of the program instead of just some random professor, and I'm doing an undergraduate research project with a professor instead of competing with grad students for a spot which is great because I HATE math, and if you just do standard lectures and homework I would have dropped out of engineering a long time ago.

Thread high jack over.

My money is still on Mount Snow, the weather difference is only part of the equation, it is about snowmaking and what the management wants to do. Look at JFBB vs the others, Peak wants to open early - and they did last year. Peak wants to do the same up there, so they may well do it.

The only reason said nowhere hill opened was because they had a big lead on elevation and a lot of luck with early season coldness. It'll snow in the North Carolina/Tennessee hills in late March or April. Good sized storms that drop about a foot of snow too. The mountains down south top the ones up north for elevation.

• 2 weeks later...

Bell. I wish, I wish, I wish I could go!!

Thats doable for me. Its just hard to justify me spending a ton of money and close to 20 hours on a bus for a few icy ribbons of death. I guess I'm just a little scared after last year when they closed a day on us.

Unfortunately that's exactly why Bob and I don't get out during the early season.

Of all the PSU graduates that I know. None of them had 3.8 GPAs...some of them where lower than 2.8

Grrrrr...hissss. I never had less. I am also a super nerd. Oh well.