Bear Creek TR

Tyler

My buddy Travis (k2rider) and i went up to Bear Creek to check out whats going on. It wasnt really planned so I didnt take a camera but I did manage to snap a bunch of camera phone pics. We couldn't find any new features for the park mainly due to all of the construction and construction/security personel around. Anyway, here are the pics:

The New Hotel. (from the white section and over to the right)

hotel.jpg

A shot of the hill, construction going on in tubing and what appears to be some sort of trail to the left of cascade.

hill2.jpg

Another one of the hill, you can see dirt being dug up between lower blackbear and the main ski trail. they are planned to be separated permanently.

hill3.jpg

The new pond. It is huge!

pond.jpg

Same pond, opposite angle. BC's new huge water supply, still needs filled though.

pond4.jpg

The grooming fleet, plus a few others they had around.

groomers.jpg

Nice flatbox. looked new but it could just be in good shape from this past year.

flatbox.jpg

The rainbow, which was in the stone parking lot.

rainbow.jpg

Travis(k2rider) and a friend.

sasquatch.jpg

"Hurry and get off, here comes security"

travjib.jpg

travsign.jpg

Anyway sorry about the shitty quality, camera phone. :banghead

this is off topic but i was just reading future mag. and danny kass' brother said that all PA snowboarders are lame
ever think he was refuring 2 the mountains/ parks? because i know after u snowboard vail n shyt lyke that pa is nothing** i ment no offence against bc in that last comment.. bc is crazy for the east and for what they have 2 work with

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure they'll find a way to fill that pond up by season besides we've still got around 100 days left :banghead

Besides they wouldn't spend the money and time to make something like that without having a plan on how to use/fill it.

Also that rainbow rail was fine I never saw any rust on it nor did that slight bend at the end of it matter besides it was all about popping off before that bend anyway....

Haha...there are actually a few cool PA snowboarders out there..but most of them ride Blue..Isn't Kass from Jersey? Home of the new Xanadu indoor ski area and Mountain Crock...lol

the indoor area is pretty impressive to see in person actually. id beg to differ on the blue thing, the riders at bc are the coolest. they arent stuck up like the boulder rats, and are more personable then the blue kids imo. and kass is an asshole nothing that kid says is worth a damn. jersey ftw by the way. whoopi goldberg teaches at my school, holla.

usually when i go to a mountain riding solo ill meet new people all the time but the entire season at BB i didnt meet a single new person.. and thats just because of the way the local die hard boulder kids are.. they think they are better then everyone

Edited by brtndominant

ever think he was refuring 2 the mountains/ parks? because i know after u snowboard vail n shyt lyke that pa is nothing** i ment no offence against bc in that last comment.. bc is crazy for the east and for what they have 2 work with

PA snowboarders are lame means what it means

and word gnu rider also knows what he is talking about

usually when i go to a mountain riding solo ill meet new people all the time but the entire season at BB i didnt meet a single new person.. and thats just because of the way the local die hard boulder kids are.. they think they are better then everyone

i skied at bb by myself most of last year and didnt meet a single new person, other than a few pasr's..

twas shitty.

haha i hope i dont count as a local..

i skied at bb by myself most of last year and didnt meet a single new person, other than a few pasr's..

twas shitty.

haha i hope i dont count as a local..

hope you werent the girl in the park who told me to "fuck off" after i said sick in response to some sort of trick that was performed. if so, you are a local.

although everyone there on closing weekend was pretty cool. figures i had to leave early that day.