kutztown kids?

LineSki

Hey guys, i go to KU... well i graduate next month, but i'll be around the town anyway since my gf doesn't graduate until may.

I don't know much about the Ski/Snowboard club, but i know one of the guys who runs it. Solid dude.

I will more then likely be working in tickets at bear this winter since i know the manager.

I am also the vice president of the KU Outdoors club. come check out one of our meetings, I'm sure you guys would dig it. We meet Tuesdays at 11 in boehm 262. We are having a bouldering competition December 8th. So if you guys climb come and enter. It is free to all KU students. If you don't climb stop by anyway to get free stickers/posters/etc, and enter to win a Mountain Hardware pack. If you compete we have prizes from Mountain Hardware, Lowe alpine, Asolo, and Horny Toad. Check out the facebook listing for more info: http://kutztown.facebook.com/event.php?eid...6880&ref=mf

Posters for the event will prolly be posted over turkey day break.

Let me know if you have any questions about the club, the comp, or hitting the slopes. peace!

If I am not working that day i will have to come and check it out. You prob. know a childhood friend of mine, Chris Krizan...

..if you are working up at Bear this year stop in the tune shop sometime.

Haha, yea i know Crouton, that crazy hairy bastard. Good dude. I'll def stop by the tune shop. I'll prolly be there all the time since i am just trying to work a seasonal job and save some money before heading west when my gf graduates. I don't really care for Bear Creek that much, but it is halfway between my house in Bethlehem, and my gf's in kutztown. So it is a good fit, especially when you factor in that i can get a job no problem, haha.

• 3 years later...

I'm a towny. Grew up in Ktown, went to college here. I freebord and snowboard. Getting a bear pass fo sho. Closer we get to winter the more excited I get. Small mountain hard not to find who you are looking for because they are always in the park, like me most of the time :)

• 11 months later...

Do you have a ski club at KU if yes, join it, if not, start it.

They have an actual ski and snowboard class. It's 1 credit. It's 120 for the class and you get like 10 tickets to blue I think? It's an hour of instruction, if you need it, then the rest is free time.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see some other KU people on here. I live on Sander Alley just up the street from Shorty's and I also work on the park crew at Bear Creek. Hope to see alot of KU people out at bear this year, I know there are a few of us. And btw I am a senior and dont think the ski/snowboard club is active or even exists anymore... maybe one of you younger guys can resurrect it.

Nice to see some other KU people on here. I live on Sander Alley just up the street from Shorty's and I also work on the park crew at Bear Creek. Hope to see alot of KU people out at bear this year, I know there are a few of us. And btw I am a senior and dont think the ski/snowboard club is active or even exists anymore... maybe one of you younger guys can resurrect it.

I know a huge group of kids here who snowboard. Most of us get the discounted passes to bear from here but it'd be cool to get a decent group of Ku kids riding at bear.

Shoveling again this year fella??? I can only assume from the initials that this is........Forrest??

• 2 weeks later...

If you live towards the 400 block of main You had fight night outside of your house the other night haha

Edited by Kyle

If you live towards the 400 block of main You had fight night outside of your house the other night haha

i visited this weekend and my friends saw that fight. your school has the weakest homecoming ever :[ i was disappointed to not see more people drinking during the early hours of the day.

i visited this weekend and my friends saw that fight. your school has the weakest homecoming ever :[ i was disappointed to not see more people drinking during the early hours of the day.

Must not have been here on Saturday. But then again kutztown has been pretty lame this year. The cops are getting strict and for good reason. Too much stuff is getting fucked up/stolen/damaged etc. I didn't do anything with homecoming because I worked all weekend but there was a lot of people out Saturday drinking on their porches.

Shit when was this I never even heard about it and I was up here all weekend? I live behind Deturks Hardware, low 300 level block

Shit when was this I never even heard about it and I was up here all weekend? I live behind Deturks Hardware, low 300 level block

It was probably like 1130 or so Friday? Might have been up the road a little bit from you. I work at spuds and our driver that night said there was a huge fight in the alley behind mammas so I'm not too sure about exactly where it was.