Where is the womens outerwear for 2008?

method9455

(Rant)

What the fuck, if you look at Burton (Normal, B By Burton, Analog and AK), Ride, Quicksilver, Roxy, Helly Hanson, or anything else there are NO good jackets or pants for women this year. (Maybe pants). But for women, the jackets are utter garbage. And they largely where last year. Everything looked good in the catalogs last january for this year, and now that its coming in it is all crap. Anything that looks good is thin and without any of the features the men's stuff has. Anything "higher end" is some hideous (not even the wearable shades) of plaid or camo, or even worse. Its fucking rediculous. I have been showing this stuff to girls and they ALL HATE IT. I'm showing it to guys who are fucking color blind and they're like wow, what the fuck where they thinking? Who did they test this stuff out with? Try to find a one or two tone womens shell that is on the higher end in water proffness with a removable liner, taped seams, powder skirt, pit zips, mp3 player pocket, and everything in a subtle style - you just can't. The pants might be doable but the jacket has to come first. And yet you can find dozens of them in men's. Not all girls suck at snowboarding (and the ones who do need shit that is more waterproof since they sit on their ass all day!) and there is nothing that is isn't contemporary (which in a lot of people's opinion is UGLY). I'd like to buy something for my girlfriend that won't make her look like a fool in 10 years when we see the pictures again, but pretty much its either look like a snow bunny in something that barely keeps you warm in march, or end up in a down jacket that isn't good late season, or end up with something that actually works like a quality jacket and you look like a jackass. Womens boards and bindings and boots have caught up with men's stuff but why not the jackets?

I've looked through every model ride, burton, roxy, quicksilver, and helly hanson and this is true for all of them. Where is the good stuff?

I'll post some examples later but has anyone else noticed this?

In the ski magazines it looks like there are alot of nice womens jackets..

I agree...

and FWIW why do all the "good" snowboarders always sit on their ass all day

maybe they should be riding instead and they'd be "great" snowboarders...

because I can't snowboard for shit but I can sit on my ass all day with a snowboard attached to my boots

Then stop looking at all the mainstream brands... Try looking at stuff that is actually made for riding, not just looking good/or bad if womens shit is that bad, i haven't looked at it.

Try arc'teryx, patagoina, marmot for starters.