Killington Update for this upcoming season.

Papasteeze

Yea Philpug is right - the thing Powdr is doing is setting Killington up for long term profitability - by cutting costs - which is unpopular. Killington has so many lifts and lodges that it costs a lot more per acre than most places. In the END, it is the right thing to do, but it sucks NOW, and I'm riding NOW so sorry guys, I'm not a charity when it comes to my leisure time and money. Especially when tickets are over $70. The only time I would hit them is late season when everyone else is closed or early season when they have appreciably more terrain - but that is over. So Powdr just lost me for this year, but not forever. I hope they pull it together because Killington run well would be awesome, it has so much untapped potential and it already is better than most places. Let some yuppie sucker pay for their prices in the mean time, I'm planning to drive the extra bit for Jay Peak this year.

Edited by Method9455

I'd like to hit both Stowe and Jay, they are 1, 2 on my list of places to go on the E.C. that I've never been to. Last year I looked into going to Stowe but it never panned out, this year I'm looking at Jay. I'll compare the two and go the cheaper route. I'm going out to Bachelor, a trip to Mount Snow with high school friends, and 2 season passes, so I have a lot of money invested in this season already. If I get to either, it will be based on the cheapest weekend I can get.

Make it a long weekend and go to both places...I'd put together a PASR trip to Stowe fo shizzle if there was any interest...

I'd be down for sometime in march. It seems to always dump the first weekend in march. It has for the past 3 years. All the storms with totals of 20+