TR from non-jibbers

Ski

doesnt sound like fun, however telling someone to "take the first shot" is stupid. Nothing like getting laid out in front of your girl while trying to sound tough. Plus you never know what anyone has/knows.

Its not trying to sound tough...if the other guy takes the first shot then youre completely justified in defending yourself (read: beating the shit out of him).

Ive never started a fight in my life, but ive finished all but one of the fights ive been in. when someones crying later after you kicked their ass, they have little room to complain when they started shit with you.

Okay, so Ty and I got to BB around noon and were struck by how green everything was, despite so much snow through Tobyhanna and other places. The lot was fairly packed and the only snow was on Freedom and they made some effort to skiers left.

Anyway, just by accident my ticket was free, since my jacket is red and my boots are blue. Ty was $20.

The little park was crowded as hell, with maybe 500+ kids and only a handful of non-park people squeezing down the left side of the slope. Coverage was decent, with just a little muck at the lift. Lift lines were less than 10 minute, but always more than 5.

On our first time down, Ty got bowled over rally hard by an out of control snowboarder and I was pretty scared. She was just shaken and not bruised. I asked the kid what the hell he was doing and he said he didn't know how to stop. I told him he was a fucking idiot.

So I convinced Ty to 'get back on the horse' and we kept skiing, even though she was pretty shaken up. Later, when we are leaving, some 40-something guy comes up to me and asks why I yelled at his kid. I asked him where he was when his kid was balling down the slope without the ability to stop and running into people over and over. He said he paid for his ticket and so he could go wherever he wanted and I shouldn't yell at his kid.

Then it got a little worse.

My thought on the subject is that if a slope is crowded and your kid can't stop and is running into people, then there's something really wrong. I'd never just dump my kid on a slope and let him/her run into people. The kid was three times Ty's size and she got completely wiped out from behind. I saw the kid nearly go into the woods twice, as well as run into two groups of boarders waiting to drop. But everyone else he hit was bigger than him.

So when I wouldn't apologize for yelling at his kid, he calls me a asshole and a few other names, so I told him he could take the first shot. I put down my skis and poles down and offered one freebie, but explained it better be an great one or he was in a crapload of trouble. I told him he should check a mirror and see what his teeth looked like because he was about to lose several of them.

He decided against the freebie and slunk off to the parking lot and got into his pickup truck with Maryland plates.

So, one day of skiing and one near fight.

Ty and I had a decent time and totally respected landing areas and never barged an in-run.

If you are a carving skier/boarder, the Freedom Park is not for you. Not with 500 other people. And it isn't the jibbers that make it too dangerous for little kids, but parents that don't teach their kids Doug's version of Smartstyle.

Props to BB for being open and thanks for the comp ticket...

I watched this kid take out the guys waiting for the jib. Mad people looked like they wanted to beat the kid. It got way too crowded after 1 pm for my tastes so I left soon after. I dont jib yet but around 10 am- 11:30 it was really wide open. Then they started making jumps and stuff on the left side and ruined most of the options around the crowds waiting for the rails. You should have just taken the guy out though. I hate rude people.