The Opening Thread

Rowsdower

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a play by play aite.

Somebody posted a link to an article that stated how warm this winter would be.

Somebody else said they didn't want to read it all and asked what was in it.

I said it would be 60s degrees all winter that was what was in the article and thus I answered the question posted by somebody.

I then said that accuweather can screw themselves.

I congratulate you on twisting my words and then caring about it enough to post it weeks after the fact. kudos dude

ANYWAY

I'm thinking if they get a good seven nights of blowing in they'll get a good portion of the mountain open. I'm gonna guess Cascade, Black Bear , Kodiak, and probably Extreme or a part of Broadway or something on the other side if they can make enough snow.

things are looking like we could have a lot of snow with a lot of trails open according to

accuweather:

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-15day....62&metric=0

we just have to hope that there are no major weather changes, and if there is, that they are in favor of us who are looking for snow :snowpee:

well maybe they should just hurry up and finish the damn construction I mean I remember last year there was a bunch of loose larger gravel mixed in with the snow for the first few weeks, not nice on the base of your board what so ever besides I'd love to see that jump line open as soon as they've got the snow.

the jump line will take a while to open because they need alot of snow for that

I dont know about that.I may be wrong but when i was up there in september they had all there jumps formed with dirt so all they need is a few inches of snow to cover the dirt.

But I could be totally wrong

I dont know about that.I may be wrong but when i was up there in september they had all there jumps formed with dirt so all they need is a few inches of snow to cover the dirt.

But I could be totally wrong

sounds like a good idea though...a hill in the area should try that out, or have a few like at the mtn lab. im pretty sure in the stepchild video in simons part there are preformed jumps(i guess thats what they are called) but made of wood or something, not dirt.

i dunno. just makes sense to me.