The Opening Thread

Rowsdower

Well in reply about the jump line last year there was no dirt, as for simons part, at mtn. lab they had a couple of prefab wedge style jumps that they covered with snow so it would have a little more transition; I also know that in the step child video those "bmx jumps" are all snow and I think they should try to make a set of those at bear it would be so awesome to ride a fluid flowing line of like 3 to 6 jumps.

One last thing, as long as we can ride some rails this weekend and the rest of the mountain within 10 days I'm fine with that I'm just sick fo driving the 1:45 or two hours to big boulder especially when my pass is for bear and when bear can make a very solid park with good lips.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the wood jumps are a good idea but not practicle for bear...at the mtn lab they don't have the traffic bear has so the snow stays perfect on the wood. Plus the pros have what ever tools they need and maintain then all the time. I mean if for some reason the snow was not even or a little higher than the wood ur gonna have a big problem. But bear did use dirt to help out he big jump line, they didnt carve the exact shape but they did make the run go down flat down so they don't need to build up as much snow for the landing, now they basicly need to make the jump. as for opening I think the following weekend.

Right now Bear's opening is going to depend on their mentality towards opening. If they really want to push for an earlier opening I can see them having enough terrain ready sometime next week, possible thursday or friday (6th or 7th). If they want more terrain open and more features in the park then they'll end up waiting until sunday (9th) to capitalize on a couple extra days of snowmaking. Conditions look excellent, it just depends on whether Bear wants that weekday opening instead of waiting for bigger crowds on the weekend.