The Opening Thread

Rowsdower

Do you think its possible they'll try opening a day or two early with limited terrain?

Like last year, just the stuff directly accessible by the main quad.

Also something I'm in the dark about is how long it takes to set up the park for opening. Anyone know?

Edited by Rowsdower

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on how much they want to change and how fancy they want to be. on opening day they usually go with boxes and rails with just jumps to get on since they dont have all the snow, so usually only a night. when they redue cascade in the middle of winter with all the snow it might take andy a night just to push all the snow into the spots and then the next night place all the rails and fine tune everything. but it sucks that humidity is so high because otherwise they could still be blowing snow!

i think that it would be extremely smart of bear to open on thursday, however only if they are able to make enough snow. that would be the best for bear to be able to say that they opened earlier than blue, and i dont know for sure but blue is prob only opening what they normaly open in the begining, which is like 3 trails.

Too bad they can't make snow tonight but at least they're not really losing any snowpack. I am a bit troubled by the amount of mud I saw on the webcam. I don't see how the ground could be thawing out but maybe they got rain or something.