Pass Photos/Cocktail Party

Melissa

Ski,

I just figure with all this talk about GSS and Atomic Jeff snugglin up that you might have thought all of us Blue skiers ran that way.

I just needed clarification as I recently found out that Atomic Jeff is only queer Mon-Thurs

Doug's the one on a roll, he had a post locked without anyone even replying to it, 3 minutes after he posted it. Has to be some sort of record there.

I'm starting to think he wants that staff position so badly just so he can unlock his own posts..

Once again I hijacked another thread.... but FWIW Sno didn't call me either (not that they were supposed to)

Holy freaking lines...we got there at 3:50pm and stood ina pretty short line for TWO HOURS. :banghead :banghead Jeez, it took eight minutes per pass (a woman in front of us was timing it).

That was a bad start.

And the cocktail party? I guess people were in such crap moods from the line that they didn't want to hang out. And we sort of expected hors d'oeuvres. Nope.

You're aready back from the cocktail party???? Blue didn't have a cocktail party but I got my pass in about 2.5 minutes.. When I think of cocktail party I think of hors d'oerves..even if it's just some Ritz crackers and cheese in a can...

Cocktail party? Forget it. I bolted out of there as soon as I got my pass.

The whole process was ill conceived. I hope everything else goes a bit

smoother ...

That's why I didn't go today. I figured I would wait until later, when the lines won't be so bad.

Good decision.

And, yeah, Doug...just one box of Ritz would have made a big difference.

I think I saw Melissa, but she was mobbed by a group of Scranton's finest dirt balls at the bar and didn't have time to say hello. :angry:

I only wish I were mobbed by Scranton's finest (even finest dirt balls). I was there from 4-5 in the bar, and no one talked to me! I can't really complain though, because I didn't randomly go up to people to introduce myself.

When I got there with my friend Sarah, we looked at the line, and quickly made the executive decision to not wait in line, and instead just drink free alcohol, and come back another time. Thus, we just went to the bar. It was a good decision, since I had to leave at 5 anyways.

So did anyone think that they saw me? I had on a brown jacket and jeans and brown shoes (pretty generic I know). I kept on looking around at people, wondering if I knew any of them from this message board! Alas, since I don't actually know what anyone looks like, I'll never know.

Also, re: lack of food. Both Sarah and I thought the lack of food was odd. Isn't it some kind of rule that whenever you provide free alcohol, you have to provide free food too? I remember in school we were never allowed to have an open bar without food...

Edited by Melissa

Did you meet the owner? He was chillin at the bar in the blue "staff" vest waiting for pretty girls to say 'sup...

Just FYI, they go all out for the passholder party at the end of the year. Gigantic shrimp and free booze...shitty band (well, country, so I don't know)...that was why I had higher expectations.

Melissa, have you ever skied NASTAR? We have a Thursday night race league that runs on a really easy NASTAR course---on a blue square run. The amateur division teams are always looking for females. You don't have to be fast, since times of only the top five out of eight racers on each team are scored. BUT every team has to have at least one woman or their team gets a zero score each week. Okay, I know you haven't skied in years, but it doesn't start until January and there's a party after the races in the bar each week. Just something to consider...some of the racer guys are pretty cool.

No, I did not meet the owner... I probably did see him though. I'll be back over there today getting my picture taken, so I'll be on the lookout for him.

Ski, I like the way you think. I've never done NASTAR, but I think that as long as I can get out a bunch in December, I'll be decent enough to not embarass myself. Do you know of any teams looking for their token girl? I will make myself available to the team with the hottest/most successful/most fun guys. Just kidding. Sort of. Seriously, just let me know what I have to do.

Seriously, just let me know what I have to do.

And I like the way you think... :rolleyes:

Well, you can definitely make plans to do it, since independent racers are also welcome---both on the course and at the post race gathering. Otherwise, just stop by the ski school building and have them put your name on the list as an available female amateur racer. And I'll be more than happy to go over with you---you can find me around the NASTAR course every Sat/Sun.

Just went to get my pic taken. They said if im under 18 then I have to have a parent with me. But, last year I didnt, and I payed with my own money. If I didnt have an interview tommorow, I would have been my normal asshole self.

Just FYI, Sean, a person under 18 can't be bound to a contract...so their mistake was last year, not this year. The woman doing the pics yesterday sent a lot of kids away without their passes, after they spent hours in line. Now that would have been a drag. She said she'd take their pic, but they'd still have to get back into line---if there was one---when they came back with a parent.

Not really a well oiled machine...yet...

No, I did not meet the owner... I probably did see him though. I'll be back over there today getting my picture taken, so I'll be on the lookout for him.

Ski, I like the way you think. I've never done NASTAR, but I think that as long as I can get out a bunch in December, I'll be decent enough to not embarass myself. Do you know of any teams looking for their token girl? I will make myself available to the team with the hottest/most successful/most fun guys. Just kidding. Sort of. Seriously, just let me know what I have to do.

You should definitely check out NASTAR. It is a lot of fun and you are their to push yourself without worrying having to race others. The gathering in the bar afterwards is always a good time as well. Everyone is very welcoming up there.