Binding position dilemma

mbike-ski

Just got my 180 Fischer Riu tt's back from the shop...when I dropped them off I asked for them to be mounted in the "traditional" aft "big mountain" position but when I got them they're mounted in the forward park and pipe spot... I got them for skiing with my kids so I am skiing switch and goofing around in the park and pipe as well as intending on using them as my tree and bump ski...I'm thinking I just leave 'em forward for now and and see how it goes. FYI the other ski in my "quiver" are 177 head ixrc1100's for cruising the groomers and dabbling in NASTAR....any thoughts? :confused

Are they center mounted or just mounted an inch or two forward??? My twins have a traditional mounting position which is farther back and a modern mounting position which is farther forward and the Job-honks at Boulder were giving me skeet for how far back my binders are mounted but I prefer having alot of ski in front of me for high speed skiing. Can Justo or one of the gearheads give a better explanation on the pros and cons of having the binders mounted more forward...would it be possible for the ski shop to remount them since they're the ones who goofed up??

the shop should remount them if they screwed up and it was noted somewhere that you wanted them at traditional. as far as the mounting point goes, i havent skied that ski in particular, so i cant say where it skis best, but most twins will still ski all mtn pretty well at the 'freestyle' position. for example, i have my silencers mounted at +7.5 and they still ski all mountain fairly well. my seths are at +5 and ski all mountain really well. i'd say if its not more than +$ past traditional, leave them where they're at, it will make them easier to ski at lower speeds with your kids and a lot easier to ride around switch.

If you were planning on using this as your out west or up north 10+ inches of snow ski, then you'll be upset. If you're mostly gonna use it here with maybe one or two days in deeper snow you'll appreciate how much easier it is to whip around here in the more forward position.