• Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday or sunday
    • give them till the end of december!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see a way to open thursday after the crap weather they got dealt yesterday and the lack of snow making possible tonight, friday they'd have an extra day to really lay it down on all the trails I mean just think of the snow quality after all that rain they need to lay down atleast 3 more inches.

Thurdsay is highly optimistic but unrealistic. Friday is possible but not likely. Saturday is certainly feasible, but with limited terrain for sure. Don't get your hopes up that much of the park will be rockin, probably just the main things that keep jibbers happy. Kodiak and the beginner area is the bread and butter of revenue so those areas are crucial. Especially the beginner area, because BC is implementing a completely new way of teaching lessons and every instructor - ski and snowboard - needs to be trained.

However I will add this. The new pump system can double the amount of water sent uphill from last year which was 4,000 galllons per minute to 8,000 gallons per minute. Figure that in with the increased volume of water in the pond and we could be pleasantly surprised with the amount of open terrain on opening day, whatever day that may be.