Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hows the top jump in the tubing? Im lookin to bust some steezy 3's off it and the last jump has scared the crap out of me after i did it once, knuckled and then watched a guy do it right as i got on the lift and knuckle and crack his binding in half

Edited by EAZY-Emuntz

they didnt cut the pipe today, while i was there they were just pushing all the snow around into the walls...i think that they are gonna let that set there and cut the pipe later in the week. shit today was good, finally got some double hitters at different lengths! its about time. the only thing is that the 420 box needs a landing, you come on with a little speed and you drop like 8 feet to the landing, that is such a fun box to try stuff on but i and a ton of other people are more nervous because it has such a bad landing. last night someone 180 on to 180 off, didnt get the full rotation off, and fell like 10 feet to the bottom of the landing and had to be taken down by ski patrol. he only had enough speed to get some air to 180 on, thats def saying that its a shitty landing, we have snow, push some more up to it

hows the top jump in the tubing? Im lookin to bust some steezy 3's off it and the last jump has scared the crap out of me after i did it once, knuckled and then watched a guy do it right as i got on the lift and knuckle and crack his binding in half

the first jump in tubing is decent, pretty poppy. i prefer spinning the second one, the bigger one. i like how its more mellow. as long as you get used to the inrun which can be a little sketch at times with all the speed, its a fun jump.

Last night everything was icy and hard. There were still plenty of ruts tho. The red rail was set up smoothly and the butter box was fun. A problem im seeing is lips that dip down right before the end of the jump and then pop you at the last second. It feels sort of weird.

Yesterday I was there again during the day (thanks to the teachers strike) and it was a pretty good day. The snow was good up until probably 4:30-5 like everyday. the jumps were nice in blackbear and cascade. The top jump in tubing was okay, but it needs a steeper landing and it was too slow of a day to even it the bottom jump without knuckling hard as a mofo. The park crew was out most of the day re-shaping and fixing stuff so props to them. But they didnt fix the bleacher box which has no snow under it and you can get your board caught if you dont pull up or hit it from the left side where there actually is snow.

What happened to the halfpipe that was supposed to be open on thursday?

I know rain played a part but from the looks of the webcam it looks like before they tried to blow a ton of snow into it

There is an awesome jump in it now.

Mad props to the park crew for cutting the face of that jump. We I got there this morning they had just finished shaping it with the cat. About an hour or so later the park crew cute and awesome face. Best hit on the MT by far today.

Park is super fun right now. Me and some of my freinds and a couple kids from park crew fixed up the quater pipe up to the tree today, its real sick now, you can get soooo high out. We also built a lumberjack (tree bonk) off the back side thats fun as hell to. Some stuff need to be fixed up like the bench wallride thats falling out but everythings real nice right now. I just hope we dont get a warm spell anytime soon b/c the coverage is not very good AT ALL in some spots.

Park is super fun right now. Me and some of my freinds and a couple kids from park crew fixed up the quater pipe up to the tree today, its real sick now, you can get soooo high out. We also built a lumberjack (tree bonk) off the back side thats fun as hell to. Some stuff need to be fixed up like the bench wallride thats falling out but everythings real nice right now. I just hope we dont get a warm spell anytime soon b/c the coverage is not very good AT ALL in some spots.

well the bench was falling out and then tried to take it out but it was too frozen in.

Just got back from Bear...Andy and I pulled the quarter pipe out of the shop and DRAGGED it up to cascade in reverse with it strapped to the blade of the groomer. Quite the night. Oh yea, and we moved the big handrail down to the top of tubing. I think its going to be nice.

it really didnt have an obvious knuckle, its barely 20 feet. people think jumps are so much bigger than they are.

After the park crew cut the jump there was a very clear deck and knuckle. I walked off 20 feet from the lip to the knuckle, but like I said most people were clearing that easily. Either way, no matter the size that jump was awesome.

After the park crew cut the jump there was a very clear deck and knuckle. I walked off 20 feet from the lip to the knuckle, but like I said most people were clearing that easily. Either way, no matter the size that jump was awesome.

Just got back from Bear, jump in 1/2 pipe is gone already :angry: