Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really like the park the only problem i have with it is all the rails are very high out of the ground

"high rails suck"

some are funn but bear makes them so high that i chicken out on trying stuff

i think they set them in like that because they knew they were going to blow snow and didnt really feel like diggin out all the rails they just put in.

i think they set them in like that because they knew they were going to blow snow and didnt really feel like diggin out all the rails they just put in.

The 411 on the high rainbow and smurf rail - By Tom

When I set them there wasn't room for the groomer to push snow on the sides much less any snow TO push to the sides so Pat and I were going to dig holes for the legs and push the rail in. Well heres how that went, keep in mind this was around hour 18 of our 20 hour shift. SOOO we started digging the holes and about 5 minutes in one of our only two shovels left snaps in half. So we switched back and forth digging until we both started slurring words and getting dizzy from sleep deprivation so we left the rest for morning crew and by the time they got there the slush turned to ice and the one shovel we did have was useless. When those are re-set next time we change it up they'll be lower.

The End.

The 411 on the high rainbow and smurf rail - By Tom

When I set them there wasn't room for the groomer to push snow on the sides much less any snow TO push to the sides so Pat and I were going to dig holes for the legs and push the rail in. Well heres how that went, keep in mind this was around hour 18 of our 20 hour shift. SOOO we started digging the holes and about 5 minutes in one of our only two shovels left snaps in half. So we switched back and forth digging until we both started slurring words and getting dizzy from sleep deprivation so we left the rest for morning crew and by the time they got there the slush turned to ice and the one shovel we did have was useless. When those are re-set next time we change it up they'll be lower.

The End.

yes thank god i was hoping you guys wouldnt keep them that far out of the ground

sucks.

might have to do with the roads too.

seems like bear lets me down a bit each year. last year they castrated the best trail on the hill, timberline. now its boring and uninteresting. this year, the parks in my opinion are a let down compared to last seasons, well black bear at least. except that tire bonk thing is very fun i guess.

Edited by Dan S

You think we could get some more jumps in Blackbear cause the top jump is alright and the tabletop isn't that sweet and you can barely get speed for the bigger jumps without skipping somethin. I'd rather have a jump and a jib. first, so you can get speed for the bigger jumps and two so you can do more tricks. Im just saying Id wanna see a jib take the place of the tabletop and a jump take the place of the up rail, up box, smurf, or the rainbow box.

Edited by EAZY-Emuntz

You think we could get some more jumps in Blackbear cause the top jump is alright and the tabletop isn't that sweet and you can barely get speed for the bigger jumps without skipping somethin. I'd rather have a jump and a jib. first, so you can get speed for the bigger jumps and two so you can do more tricks. Im just saying Id wanna see a jib take the place of the tabletop and a jump take the place of the up rail, up box, smurf, or the rainbow box.

I'm guessing no one got a chance to look at the Black Bear cams today. Oh well. If you don't get a chance to check them out before you go up you'll notice some changes from the driveway. Heh Heh Heh ;) Andy did work last night :)