Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a matter of knowing where to put your remaining snow. Bear could do something if there was really a drive to do it.

Yeah cascade and tubing park would work too. Tubing because of the huge amounts of snow in the jumps and Cascade is shaded by the trees.

I think Bear could definitely do this: build up Cascade/tubing parks, then after the mountain officially closes run the double lift fridays-sundays or something allowing the snow to set up and last longer and then you only have to run one lift for three days. I think it would work and we'd get a week or two more out of it.

Edited by Rowsdower

Its a matter of knowing where to put your remaining snow. Bear could do something if there was really a drive to do it.

Yeah cascade and tubing park would work too. Tubing because of the huge amounts of snow in the jumps and Cascade is shaded by the trees.

I think Bear could definitely do this: build up Cascade/tubing parks, then after the mountain officially closes run the double lift fridays-sundays or something allowing the snow to set up and last longer and then you only have to run one lift for three days. I think it would work and we'd get a week or two more out of it.

just what i was thinking. or they sould just do the actual tubing side of tubing and push all the snow over there since that is semi shaded and just open the magic carpet thing. or just have like 6 rails that are all hikable.

from bear's site:

2/19/2008 6:30AM: Our groomers pushed a lot of piles last night to get the slopes in perfect shape for your visit today! Come out and show your appreciation for their hard work!

i'm curious as to where these piles came from. but it also looks good for blowing tonight, YEAH.

i'm curious as to where these piles came from. but it also looks good for blowing tonight, YEAH.

From the double secret back bowls.........Bear will close when they stop making money and/or the weather gets shitty. This week looks good and they should blow all week but if its warm next week all that snow will melt and people will stop showing up. PA is a crap shoot so we will see.

from bear's site:

2/19/2008 6:30AM: Our groomers pushed a lot of piles last night to get the slopes in perfect shape for your visit today! Come out and show your appreciation for their hard work!

have you seen the jumps???? they have a good amount of snow stockpiled but they have a really crappy base

have you seen the jumps???? they have a good amount of snow stockpiled but they have a really crappy base

Yeah they have more snow in that last jump in black bear then they have base for the entire mountain...people gotsta chill, the cold weathers coming back, we still got at LEAST another month shreddin the CRIK

BCIW DID WORK! Cascade is probably about 40-50% done with what it will be even with 2 groomers, 2 diggers, and my self in the skid loader. Black bear should be open tomorrow with whats left of it. The smurf, rainbow, and step down are out though. They wouldnt have been rideable anyway with the amount of snow they put down last night. Black bear is a whole other story for tomorrow night heh heh heh. This weekend should be REAL nice. So now I say good night @ 6:36 in the morning.