Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

besides the pouring rain today, the coniditions werent terrible. some of the lips were beat but some were good. the snow was awesome, soft and fast. i'm glad to see the black tube back out. i hope they put the flat palmer rail back in too. some hard rain at times.

yeah nick i know what you mean about just having fun and progressing. The more i dink around the more stuff i learn and forsure the more fun i have. Haha like tree hugging the tree bonk

Oh and i think the guys in the tuneshops are terrible and can help at all. Last week i went in there and asked a question about a tool and they replied "idk". Another time i asked if they could let me use a file to detune and they said no. I asked another time if one of the guys could help me put a strap back on my binding and they said im not familair with flux so im no help. And another time i went in and asked if they could reattach a a screw to my binding and they again said they dont know much about flux. This is all in the past 2 weeks

Not quite sure i know what you mean by all of this mumbo-jumbo.... i have dealt with the guys in the shop many times throughout the years and i have gotten nothing but stand-up service...... the deal with the file..... they probably don't want the responsibility on their shoulders for you ruining your edges with their file...not that it matters, im sure mommy and daddy will buy you a new board....... if you would take care of your equipment you wouldn't have to worry about your straps falling off..... hmmm tighten before you ride.... and if you needed a new strap find a flux dealer... they don't always have time to do custom parts..... i have gone in there time and time again equipment lined up against the wall..... all i can say is keep up the good work guys...cheapest prices and fastest turn around time.....

Sat and Sun were a lot of fun. Lifts shut down for a while on Sat night because of wind and lightening but the opened back up after about 30 mins or so. After that it was empty and tons of fun. They made it through the warm spell better then I thought they would.

weren't timberline and all of tubing supposed to be turned into a terrain park> thats what bc mark said. in the how long has bear/doe ever been open thread

"I am not sure about the stats for Doe, but as Bear Creek our longest season was 103 days. I think we should have no problems making that this year.

The biggest problem in the mid-atlantic is the mentality of the skiers and riders. Most people hang up the skis and boards as soon as we get one warm day in March, when, in actuality, we typically still have great conditions.

The reason we continue to pound the mountain each night is to offer the best possible snow conditions for the people that continue to come out. Every year I hope we can break through to the masses and show them that we still have great conditions in March. This year, we are nearly giving away the Midweek Ski and Stay packages in March to try to and draw people in and show them that the skiing and riding in March can be great!

Also, as we all know, the majority of guests coming in March come for the parks. Starting March 10th we will turn Timberline and the entire tubing park into terrain park, snow permitting. The best way to assure that we stay open longer is to spread the news to your friends, family, even enemies that the conditions can be great in March.

Andy is already formulating ideas for the new terrain we are turning over to him and the park crew and I expect to see some pretty creative features."

Edited by lumilautailija

y u hate youngbloods so much? were you up there for on sunday for the comp? black bear was funn just a little weird how they had a litte jump then a bigger one

on the flater ground you think that it would the the other way... maybe i'm wrong

what happened to tom??

Edited by Mini Zep

Not quite sure i know what you mean by all of this mumbo-jumbo.... i have dealt with the guys in the shop many times throughout the years and i have gotten nothing but stand-up service...... the deal with the file..... they probably don't want the responsibility on their shoulders for you ruining your edges with their file...not that it matters, im sure mommy and daddy will buy you a new board....... if you would take care of your equipment you wouldn't have to worry about your straps falling off..... hmmm tighten before you ride.... and if you needed a new strap find a flux dealer... they don't always have time to do custom parts..... i have gone in there time and time again equipment lined up against the wall..... all i can say is keep up the good work guys...cheapest prices and fastest turn around time.....

x2.

At least two of the guys are among the best in the Poconos.

Hahah mommy and daddy? Aka..youre an asshole. This is the last setup im ever buying, when it breaks im done with snowboarding. And no buddy i didnt improperly mess up my bindings. They were brand new and i was adjusting the straps there because they were a tad bit to long (most likely you would know your boots fit and feel different in the bindings when your actually riding and not just at home dry fitting) and i couldnt attach them back together.

Diamond don't leave we like you...I'll always remember when you were Icon and you said you'd skeet your pants when you saw the rail on top of the Suburu in the park at BC..that comment put you on the map..skeet skeet skeet..lol..

not all of us....

wow this thread has gotten uber gay....

soon= when bro.

Im not about to waste gas money for the same setup.

Thank thank thanks

oh yeah and this is pretty effed up. You should be happy to ride at all dude, mountains gonna close soon and then we'll have nothing...You gotta be grateful for what you got even if it aint the best.

yeah brosef, i rape my brother all the time. Haha thats actually funny but atleast its not some random kid

and plus i get more pussy then you hahaha. Well thats not saying much since youre a virgin. But yeah i pimp.

wow this thread has gotten uber gay....

oh yeah and this is pretty effed up. You should be happy to ride at all dude, mountains gonna close soon and then we'll have nothing...You gotta be grateful for what you got even if it aint the best.

nah i live like an hour away so its not really worth going out of my way if im driving haha. But if someone else is, then yes

not all of us....

you werent around for that you noob

alright youngbloodz it was funny for about 10 seconds (maybe less), time to be mature about things...

anyway BACK ON TOPIC, park crew was out in full force tonight. there were seriously 10 of them working to night and all the lips were pretty good.

soon= when bro.

Im not about to waste gas money for the same setup.

Thank thank thanks

you by far have the worst attitude of anyone i've encountered on here. we're entering mid march and despite some of the assiest and most inconsistent weather i can remember, bear's staying open and giving us somewhere to ride. at this rate it looks like they're going to outlast blue this season. quit your bitchy bitching, be glad you have functioning legs, $$ to get a board and a car to get you there, and just enjoy it. the worst day of riding is still better than the best day at work, school, or anything that's not playing outside. i hope for your sake you can learn to be more positive, cause being miserable and complaining all the time is a sad way to go through life.

end speech.

so, how is it looking out there for tonight? did they blow last night?