Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

Yeah but he is the one maintaining it which makes all the difference. You can just put in a box and have people jump ontop of it and land into a crater. Also you signed up for the job, dont bitch; also you should enjoy it because your in a great environment and youre doing what you love. And if you really think about it, the only reason you have that job is because of us park shredders. You do your job, we do ours. Thanks

from the sound of things the "great environment" you speak of doesnt even sound so great. constant harrasment by know-it-alls on the INTERNET doesnt sound great to me. what an EXCELLENT place to exagerate your opinions. a place where thousands of people have the potential to come on here and make inaccurate judgements on how things are, and done at bear just by what a couple of 14 year old kids say. on top of harrasment they say they have to hike up every morning. sure they signed up for the job and thats what the job entails but at least give them a mode of transportation. 7AM + 45mins to hike to the top = 1 hour and 15 minutes to get 3 parks done. what an inefficient use of machinery considering the past 3 weekends in a row i've been there i've seen 2 dangerously close calls with guys on snowmobiles @ PEAK hours!!! thats just not safe. i've watched on here for weeks how people rant and rave about park crew and i picked now to put my few cents in because its getting out of hand. some people make some legitimate points and suggestions. some might be simple but some sound like they aren't even in park crews control much less be done while the season is going on. everyone wants to complain but no one wants to step up and thank the people who work so here i go...... THANK YOU BC park crew for making tonight one of the best nights of the season. when i got there tonight there were probably 6 or 7 different people fixing things all over the park which made for one hell of a time riding.

END FEW CENTS

P.S. It's because i just ate cheesecake.......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally bc park crew has good days and bad days. there have been days when they are hard at work and other days where there is one person working two others standing around and then another one or two just sitting on the box...the other issue is idk why they arent allowed a snowmobile or two. they would be able to maintain features in a faster manner and also its less stress on park crew, so they dont have to walk up the mountain. park crew has alot that they have to maintain and on most things that the most people hit get rutted as hell so quick that park crew cant really do much about it. they spend 20 min fixing it and 5 min later its got a gaint rut in it again. i mean we all complain that this feature isnt perfect, but think about how it would be without park crew and then it becomes all that more ridable. park crew is a team effort and on every team u have slackers and hard workers, thats with every team anywhere. i thank the hard workers and i hope u slackers find a new job because there are tons of other kids that would take your job and be a hard worker. finally, one thing that is a big disadvantage to our park crew is how we have to get basicly a new staff every year which equals all new training. if we were able to keep most of the crew then on opening day we would have awesome features instead of them training on those features.

p.s. does park crew have set hours and days that they work or do they just show up and punch in when ever they want?

it's important for everyone to remember when commenting on here that the more complaints you make, the less people are going to listen to you. one of the things that i really thought was cool was how last year mark and mary were on here quite a bit, addressing peoples' concerns and issues and whatever. when a board/thread turns into an endless bitchfest, whatever validity your points may have had are just wasted.

not like it really matters at this point, since the weather situation looks like we don't have much time left. but maybe take some time and think about whether every little thing that bugs is worth posting about.

THANK YOU BC park crew for making tonight one of the best nights of the season. when i got there tonight there were probably 6 or 7 different people fixing things all over the park which made for one hell of a time riding.

agreed i thought the park was hella sweet last night, pretty much everything was well groomed, no large g-outs on the landings of anything. I havent been to burrr in a while, but the step up box thing was cool, woulda been cooler if the box was a little shorter, and the initial jump was a little bigger (gaping the entire box anyone? haha) i guess thats a liability waiting to happen tho.

I love how there would be like the one park crew guy and then some little rippers, prolly like 10 or 12 chillen with him, haha. they prolly would do more work than some of the lazier crew and prolly can ride better too haha.

morning crew rocks!

From AM Crew, thank you! we don't get mentioned too much since most people ride at nights or later in the afternoon, we appreciate it.

Back to conditions....yesterday all day and night was sick, today the rain sucked.

Nick, why are all you WTH kids so rediculous man haha. I was watching the one kid ( matt i think) and hes nasty as hell and then he was with a huge group and they were all good

hahaha i dunno man, i cant really take credit, im not great, not bad but not great. I know what you mean though, i film and watch matt and adolfo and some of the other kids on our crew like travis ride everyday and some of the stuff they do still blows me away. It just comes from having fun riding though...thats what ive realized, if you have fun riding and you ride for the right reason youll naturally get better.

In the time it takes to post a damn complaint you could go out there and do it yourself if you dont like the way things are done . Stop being a panzy and start getting productive

That is a 100% false statement b/c i have tried many times. Those of us who are not privileged enough to be on park crew are not allowed to fix any lip in the park...for legal reasons. If someone were to get hurt on a lip built buy someone other then park crew, all the members of park crew who are working at the time are liable for the person getting hurt. I believe we are allowed to fix landings and other things but NOT lips, which is the most important part. As for the rest of your post, there are park crew members who are lazy. I have been there on a SATURDAY and will was the only one working even though i KNOW i saw other park crew members riding around.

yeah nick i know what you mean about just having fun and progressing. The more i dink around the more stuff i learn and forsure the more fun i have. Haha like tree hugging the tree bonk

Oh and i think the guys in the tuneshops are terrible and can help at all. Last week i went in there and asked a question about a tool and they replied "idk". Another time i asked if they could let me use a file to detune and they said no. I asked another time if one of the guys could help me put a strap back on my binding and they said im not familair with flux so im no help. And another time i went in and asked if they could reattach a a screw to my binding and they again said they dont know much about flux. This is all in the past 2 weeks

For the bamboo sticks you just have to find a soft spot on a jump or little roller and stick it in about a foot or two, ollie up it and you get kicked pretty high. It was fun on the trail next to the mini park

and everyone needs to stop complaining about everything and have fun with the rest of the season

Edited by lumilautailija

when u buy a season pass or a lift ticket i believe that they both say that you are not able to sue/bear creek is not responsible if u get hurt on so called objects/park features...it shouldnt matter if park crew fixes them or joe smo does, the person is still taking the risk at their own risk. i think that it would be sick if people could like use the rakes and fix stuff. everything would always be pretty good and you would always have new types of lips from the variety of people doing it. of course there would have to be a system of signing out so people dont just leave or steal them...another idea would be to leave a rake in areas of main features, kinda like at golf courses how they have a rake at like every sand bunker.

p.s.some of u guys need to stop bitching about the littlest things and just go out and ride...you start to relize how good things are when u cant do it, since ive been out for the past week due to shoulder surgery and will be out for the rest of the season

Edited by mikey

when u buy a season pass or a lift ticket i believe that they both say that you are not able to sue/bear creek is not responsible if u get hurt on so called objects/park features...it shouldnt matter if park crew fixes them or joe smo does, the person is still taking the risk at their own risk. i think that it would be sick if people could like use the rakes and fix stuff. everything would always be pretty good and you would always have new types of lips from the variety of people doing it. of course there would have to be a system of signing out so people dont just leave or steal them...another idea would be to leave a rake in areas of main features, kinda like at golf courses how they have a rake at like every sand bunker.

Those liability waivers don't mean shit, there is no way bear would let randoms work. The cost increase of insurance would make it more cost effective to just employ more people.

Yeh I guess there would be to many boobs trying to cut a lip and just fucking it up. But cutting lips is hard to some people and easy to others, you just have to have a good eye to line up the jump lip to the slope of the box or the landing of a jump...there are many kids I'm sure on here that could cut a better lip than some of those lazy park crew members...my friend and I cut the lip of that quarter pipe with our boards a few weeks ago and that was better than park crews with those fancy rakes...most of youguys on here even said so...and to this day the lip has stayed halfway up the pipe.

plus, what would stop random people from working on like half the features at one time. like instead of having one or two blocked off for maintenance, some people could decide like every other thing needs work... it would get super annoying.

ditto what mikey said, plug it up and enjoy the rest of the season.

back to conditions... lat night was pretty sick considering all the rain. the lost alot of snow but everything was still nice... especially the down palmer rail.

last night i ended up taking 2 runs aside from the comp and its alot better than i thought it would be. theres a few pondish things but they have huge piles that they could push out. they are surviving this rain alot better than i thought they would.