Bear Creek's Conditions/Setup

RideBRTN09

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's awesome.

they've been doing a really great job this year considering how psycho the weather has been... can't wait to trek up tomorrow (rain schmain).

They blew some snow last night too. I'm heading up in about 1/2 an hour or so. I'll post a TR from the bar if my phone decides to get service today.

Timberline is setup like a bordercross trail. Its a whole lot of fun right now. Some rollers, fun banked turns and two nice booters. The channel gap would have been better as just a big jump. The landings are way to narrow to do anything crazy over the gap.

The snow was super slow in the afternoon yesterday but got plenty fast as the day went on. The hike park was awesome last night. BB was great with 4 really good jumps and some good rail options. Cascade could use some work though.

Yeah, I don't know the kids name who shaped the tire bonk hit, but that was fun as hell. It was the perfect shape for rodeos and underflips.

His name was jon...He was working on that for like an hour.

Today I went for one of myfew days able to ski in the morning (stupid off peak pass). it was good in the morning but by 11 it was sooooo slow. if its like this much longer that definitely isnt good.

Today I went for one of myfew days able to ski in the morning (stupid off peak pass). it was good in the morning but by 11 it was sooooo slow. if its like this much longer that definitely isnt good.

:(

i guess everywhere is closing around the same time.

ah well. we got a lot more out of this season than i would have guessed from the weather a few weeks ago.

conditions tonight were a lot better than i expected. soft, but fast. and the setup in timberline is way fun.

:(

i guess everywhere is closing around the same time.

ah well. we got a lot more out of this season than i would have guessed from the weather a few weeks ago.

conditions tonight were a lot better than i expected. soft, but fast. and the setup in timberline is way fun.

pond skimming is on the 22nd but that doesnt mean thats closing day.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

It was pretty sloppy last night when I was there (~6:00 pm). I checked out timberline but I think it would be tough to get speed for a majority of those jumps. I had to bomb from the top of Black Bear to clear that second hit, left side (which is a nice jump btw, very wide ramp).

We'll see how the weather treats us this week. I'd like to have one more decent, sunny spring park day before the end of the year (hopefully next Saturday). Last night I tried night skiing for a bit when it got dark but the conditions with the combination of the light just didn't work out too well. Oh well, gotta love the $5 shop employee ticket. Even if I get 5 runs it's still worth it.

Peace,

Justin