bearcreek and a mid day grooming

snowboarddude

mid day grooming  

25 members have voted

1. 1. should bear do a mid day grooming

• yeah
    • no

When they close one park to groom the other park would be crazy packed with people. So say it takes 1 hour to groom a park and they groom the parks back to back. Now that is 2 hours in the middle of the day on a weekend with only 1 very crowed park open. Thats a bad idea and would piss people off.

they deff need a mid-day groom, even if you loose a little park time its better than dealing with how shitty it gets. by the end of the day the landings are soo bad your afriad to try anything. i am all for it

So you ok with probably BCs biggest attraction basically being shut down for a few hours in the middle of the busiest time of day? Man, I'm glad some of you guys aren't in charge.

check my sig. go download it and groom til your hearts desired....it would be a waste of time a vicous cycle of sorts...close cascade park groom it= black bear park would get packed and riden hard and basically gettin the shit beat out of it...then they shut down black park and groom it...after that every jibjunkie goes over to cascade and the process begins all over again

Grooming in the middle of the day would mean that we would have to go to each lip and re-cut all of them since the groomer cant always be accurate enough. Also, unless the snow is packable the groomer will often just turn everything into sugar, cookies, ice chunks or some other undesirable form of snow. That leaves park crew a lot more work shoveling, raking and salting even before the park can be opened back up.

Overall the time it would take to reopen a park after a groomer got done would leave so much heavy traffic on any other park feature Bear Creek had open, that the conditions in the open park would probably deteriorate much faster. Predicting exactly how snow conditions will be in a terrain park depends on many many factors, so it might be debatable that Bear's park would need a mid day groomer run.

I think that myself and everyone else on park crew do pretty well keeping things in the best shape that we can without grooming mid-day. Just wait until there is more snow for Bear's park to get really fun.

check my sig. go download it and groom til your hearts desired....it would be a waste of time a vicous cycle of sorts...close cascade park groom it= black bear park would get packed and riden hard and basically gettin the shit beat out of it...then they shut down black park and groom it...after that every jibjunkie goes over to cascade and the process begins all over again

that is true but i'm still all for a mid day grooming