Anyone good with Mountain locations

phillycore

I'm looking at possibly making a mega-cheap trip up north..

So far I'm looking at Heading up to J Frost on Jan 11th for the $9.33 WMMR day (2 hours drive)

Then leaving there and heading straight up to Stratton to use the free lift ticket I won. (<5 hours drive)

Staying overnight in some cheap ass hotel up there (11th - 12th) Any Ideas, suggestions??

Then skiing stratton on the 12th, bolting out back towards Philly and Hitting another mountain on the 13th

staying overnight (12-13th) in cheap motel/hotel room closer to home..

I tried doing it mapquest with.. Hunter, Windham, Jiminy Peak, Mount Snow, Mountain Creek, Elk, Sno, Wachussett, Greek Peak and drive time wise Creek comes out the best only adding 45 mins drive time to the ride home... but is that mountain even worth staying the extra night in a hotel room??

Any ideas.... help me plan this out... Gotta do it budget conscious but not sleeping in car or tent... Stratton and JF make the most sense as lift ticket price would be a net $9.33 for the two combined....

not that easy..... noone else I know even goes skiing except for my supervisor who pretty much only goes on his terms (which are normally WAY out of my budget). Not to mention that I can't really make plans to go away with people my wife hasn't met as it probably would make her feel uncomfortable.

I"d probably pop a few blood vessels in my head if I went all over the east coast on a steezy trip and got stuck having to chill on Blues with a gaper. I bet he wants to take a bunch of breaks during the day too. If you absolutely HAVE to take this guy, make sure you get some alone time during the day. Send him off so you can get the good stuff and meet up with him later on.

My advice, Hit up Stratton, then go North a little bit (You're already most of the way there right?). Stowe is amazing, but your friend would probably kill himself on the blues there plus its at least 2 to 3 hours north of stratton. Killington is only 30 miles north of Stratton, you can actually see Stratton from Skye Peak at Killy. That might not be a terrible idea.

Doug and Jeff are really cool to ski with, not to mention that they are better than I am so they tend to make me push myself harder.

I don't the trip is going to happen now, my buddy is bailing out on his own idea because boarding his dog would cost too much or some shit like that.

I just need to get myself a better paying job, and some new more dedicated skiing friends. Hell I've got three kids and a wife and still can find time to ski.