New boots finally came!!!

snorovr

14863.Image.1.jpg

Sittin' here with my new boots on. Stoked to finally get them in the mail this week. I'm probably trying them out tomorrow up at Blue to see how they ride. They are basically an updated version of the Raichle Flexon design that has become a cult favorite among serious skiers. I've heard so much about the Raichle Flexon design growing up and I'm pretty excited to see what the hype is all about. These also have the Intuition liners that are by far the best in the biz. I used these liners for two seasons and missed them a bunch while in Dalbellos regular liner last year. Can't wait to ski tomorrow!

I hear a lot of good things about them, intuition liners too?

Damn they look like they have a lot of forward lean for a freestyle boot.???

Ya I couldn't believe the amount of forward lean when I put them on today. There are different shims you can put on the bottom of the cuff similar to the Dalbellos, but right out of the box these boots have more forward lean than almost anything I've ever skied. I guess that is part of the reason people like them so much.

I skied them directly out of the box today and they feel like they are gonna ski awesome one I mold them, get a footbed in them, and crank them down.

FT's are fine...Kryptons are better. Love my IL Moro's.

Ya I skied Kryptons all last year and really liked them, even with the standard liner. I need some work done on the FTs, like footbeds and we'll see what else, but I think they'll turn out pretty comfy. One thing I don't like is that the construction of the Full Tilts seems quite cheap. Plastic buckles, philips head screws that aren't countersunk holding the buckles on, etc... I was telling someone that they seem like a Dodge Viper; fast, expensive, and high performance, but full of cheap plastic. Being marketed towards the freeride/expert crew, its a little weird to pick them up and see these things. However, it does make them amazingly lightweight. It barely feels like you're wearing boots.