TR: 12/14/07

elkskibum

I was up at Elk Friday afternoon to get all my paperwork done for teaching over winter break and had enough time to get a good chunk of runs in. Started up around 130 and hit up Tioga as a warm up. Snow was really fun but very difficult, powder staches was everywhere yet the snow was very lumpy and non-uniform, mainly because the new snow was very dry and did not mix well with the man-made starter base. I ended up just making huge turns down to the west slope and blowing through the snow lumps. Tunkhannock and Susquehanna both had the same thing, not a real fun surface when your trying to get your ski legs back, but fun none the less, I really dont remember the last time I was getiing powder to spay in every turn in mid-december.

Overall it was a good 2 hours of skiing, im really impressed with the base they have, even without the 8 inches of new snow they still would have a very good base. Lower Tunkhannock and Delaware looked ready to open (and they did open lower tunk today) and Seneca would have been open and awesome if they wernt in the middle of putting the pads on the lift towers, I would have poached it if not for the fact im in a intructors jacket at the moment and that would have been a bad idea. At this rate and if the weather doesnt get too warm they should be really rockin by Christmas, which after last year would be completly awesome. A good first day...

Edited by elkskibum

...Seneca would have been open and awesome if they wernt in the middle of putting the pads on the lift towers, I would have poached it if not for the fact im in a intructors jacket at the moment and that would have been a bad idea.

Just got back from snowboard ITC. Seneca was open with amazing powder and plenty of bumps. Made for some excellent runs.