Park Suggestions

Another Wall

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just watched this vid of mountain high park and got an idea... when we set up the dragon box/ u box what ever you want to call it there should be a down box set up right after it kicks you out with a sizable gap to it. so you would hit the u box and then land on the down box. that would be real sick.

when we get enough snow maybe a little more jumps but i do love the rails so im not exactley shur just dont have to much of rail or jump...............have it just right......balance it out..........beecause last year it seemed when we got into the season it was jsut all jumps

but otherwise with what we have now is good

I have been noticing lots of park suggestions and criticisms in lots of posts lately so i made this. Post what you want to see this year, what you liked from last year and what you would like to have changed from last year.

more slide boxes and a mix of what u said

thanks for making this and i hope bear staff can read this and reference this in the park build. to the suggestions i would like to see some nice urban style lines and one thing is leave that flat bar aways at the bottom there its the best spot and never had a bad day with it there.

i like having the rails dug in deeply like they were tonight

This should be done but in the beginner's park, all boxes in cascade and a lot in black bear should be set up HIGH.

I know that in some ways we don't have the slope boulder has for a jump line like theirs, but if any one has seen their most recent jump line, that is more or less what i'd like to see bear set up as an expert jump line. And also regarding jumps, they should have a solid line of at least three tables in black bear with multiple take offs ranging in sizes like they had a few years back.

Also I remember a few years ago they had a down rail set up on the downside of a tabletop, making for a big gap to a rail, but you could also choose to hit this feature slower as an urban rail buy riding over the lip and jumping off the tabletop's deck. I would love to see another large gap to a rail that wasn't as challenging as the stair set gap. this would be a great set up to work up to better tricks on the stair set gap.

This should be done but in the beginner's park, all boxes in cascade and a lot in black bear should be set up HIGH.

I know that in some ways we don't have the slope boulder has for a jump line like theirs, but if any one has seen their most recent jump line, that is more or less what i'd like to see bear set up as an expert jump line. And also regarding jumps, they should have a solid line of at least three tables in black bear with multiple take offs ranging in sizes like they had a few years back.

Also I remember a few years ago they had a down rail set up on the downside of a tabletop, making for a big gap to a rail, but you could also choose to hit this feature slower as an urban rail buy riding over the lip and jumping off the tabletop's deck. I would love to see another large gap to a rail that wasn't as challenging as the stair set gap. this would be a great set up to work up to better tricks on the stair set gap.

agreed one of the flow boxes in the beginner park dug in deeply would be very nice for learning tricks...plus less people watchin so less pressure:)

when you said the u box/dragon rail to down box that reminded me of this sick vid i saw on youtube and the guys were sessioning it all day. It looked so fun.

I would also like to see a barrel bonk, a black piping thingy jib, a box combo, and a butter pad to down box

P.s. I think you meant the Inverse rainbow/ rollercoaster box

Edited by EAZY-Emuntz

i said this in another section...higher table tops then the previous years in the intermediate park... maybe a line of three or so but high so they dont have to be kicky to get huge...this allows for a mellow yet steep lip. also (yea, i know im getting picky here) i'd like to see things a bit more neat - i hate when the park crew has gone through everything and there are those ice chunks all over the place in potential landing zones. and although not many people tried it, the tree jib last year was sick but you couldn't get very high off it...i would fly into it but the lip wasn't set up to allow more than around4 feet off of it onto the tree. but most importantly (and i know bear has done a decent job at this before) keep us on our toes! mix things up.

I completely disagree with boxes needing to be super high... Its not how high the box is, its the style of lip. keep the urban lips in cascade etc and put the ride ons over in the begginer park. But as far as height goes i think some of the rails and boxes could be a little lower. They dont have to be super high to be set up good.

dont have every rail set up the same way(like it is now)...mellow down rails and up rails are where it's at....put more than 4 rails out..if there is enough snow to build a jump, then that means there is more than enough snow to put out several rails...understand what urban means(i saw the staircase and it looks like it has been re-done...problem is it's still isnt anywhere close to being urban..i havent seen a gap onto a staircase since '96)..push the snow up to the sides of the rails so that the front of the rail is sticking out of it...set up the the red rail that is usually at the bottom like this, on a small downslant and at least one of the 15 boxes bear has....turn 2 boxes into a mellow A frame rail, not nearly as steep as they had it before..bring out some tires, barrells, tubes, or whatever junk they can find and set it up...put like 2 rails at the bottom of the mountain for people to hike and mess around on..that's about all i have right now...

turn 2 boxes into a mellow A frame rail, not nearly as steep as they had it before...put like 2 rails at the bottom of the mountain for people to hike and mess around on..that's about all i have right now...

Two great ideas. I have been wanting a mellow a frame with a little gap for a while, and never even thought about the hiking idea. Both great calls.

i like the mellow a-frame idea too. i was also thinking about a decent quarter pipe...an actual snow one though so you can hit some big spins out of it...maybe put a gap in between two of them. also...getting idealistic here... a tow rope to service a specific line. maybe a jump line. how realistic would that be for the future?