Got some info

skifreak

A few days ago I e-mailed NASTAR to see if there has been any interest at blue for nastar. Tonight I got an e-mail back from them and it includes some info on this trail they are cutting out below is the email...

"We have been talking with Blue Mountain about joining NASTAR, but they do not feel like they have the space to offer NASTAR on a regular schedule. However, they are talking about cutting a new race trail which would provide them with the space for a NASTAR program. Please let Jan Sosick and the management at Blue Mountain that you would support a NASTAR program at their mountain."

It looks like, at the moment, the trail will have alot of turn, which would not be good for a race course, unless the trail is cut w/ its turns in a perfect GS course...that could be dangorous though. They will really need to learn alot of stuff out to make another razors edge like trail. But its great to hear. I'd love to see NASTAR at blue :D

It looks like, at the moment, the trail will have alot of turn, which would not be good for a race course, unless the trail is cut w/ its turns in a perfect GS course...that could be dangorous though.  They will really need to learn alot of stuff out to make another razors edge like trail.  But its great to hear.  I'd love to see NASTAR at blue  :D

Maybe they feel with a new coarse they can devote razors edge, or another coarse to nastar. Likewise, if they have a new coarse they may feel it opens up room on another coarse for a terrain park. Maybe it will just be a regular trail, they are always fun :P

go figure the racers always get the new trail. they run that place, and its starting to get mildly annoying. anyone on the inside up there who isnt part of the race program knows what i mean.

On Sunday mornings, they get Razors Edge for hours. On saturday and sunday, and all of this week, they get Raceway for the whole day pretty much (I still haven't taken a run down it this year). They all sport the same "blue mountain race team" jacket and or sweatshirt. They do get in the way sometimes, but frankly I like it when they have their own trails, cause they won't be hogging the 28 other trails.

they telepathical find out that we are on the race team and then they make sure they watch us so that as soon as the see for one second that we are outa control they can take our pases

Thats screwed up, like they never have times where they are out of control. I've seen plenty of CB employees out of control, espeacially instructors. :nono

The raceteam at blue flys down any trail they want, as fast as they want to. And I'm pretty sure the policy at blue is as long as you are in control, you can ski as fast as you want, on all trails but the slow skiing ones.

Anyway, it appears as if they're cutting another trail also, EAST of paradise (skiers right), and addition to the one underneath the lift, it appears as if there are two that extend from that, if you look below the path...so perhaps 33 trails for next year? hmmm...1 more and they have the most trails, and the most vertical in PA :woot

Ski areas like to host NASTAR if they feel they can make money. Race departments usually hate hosting NASTAR. It means they have to set and maintain the course and often use their timing gear and gates. And it's crappy practice for their teams because a NASTAR course is a really easy set, with no challenge.

So if the race dept. at Blue really has pull, then there probably won't be NASTAR any time soon.

my guess is it will be just another trail, possibly a connector between razors edge and paradise, at least thats where i think its going to be built, i could be wrong.

the trail is going to start right between razors and paradise, and will feed back into the bottom of paradise, it looks like

I noticed for a few years now there has been like a crossing from razors edge straight over into the woods towards paradise, also when you go up the quad they have a rope fence there...what is it last season I saw a snowmobile in there but I don't have a clue what it is?

Atomic...lol I was thinking the same soon they will outdo camelback and have the most trails and vertical in PA but could you really count trails like connector and other short trails as trails lol.