TR 12-25-07

Papasteeze

Just got in from a quick session at CB. I expected to see a lot of east coast boilerplate after the torrential rains from Sunday but surprisingly the conditions were granualar and grippy on most of the trails except where they were scraped off in the middle of the connector trail from all the snowplowers to go back to the base lodge from Stevenson.

Laurel glade has its pipe open and there were a several jibs and small jumps typical to CB everything was well maintained although the walls of the pipe are slightly undervert.

We made 10 or so runs off the quads at nearly full speed both forward and backward with no issues.

Get out there early this week to ensure simalar conditions, I imagine that holiday crowds will have scraped off everything by lunch this week.

I am fairly certain that Camelback is in much better shape than Blue. They certain got a lot more natural snow - there is snow still on the ground even after all the rain..

BTW - I forgot to add that I saw park crew steadily making the rounds keeping every thing groomed in the 3 hours we were there and were quick to close and repair a box that had top sheet damage.

I am fairly certain that Camelback is in much better shape than Blue. They certain got a lot more natural snow - there is snow still on the ground even after all the rain..

BTW - I forgot to add that I saw park crew steadily making the rounds keeping every thing groomed in the 3 hours we were there and were quick to close and repair a box that had top sheet damage.

Who are you and what have you done with the real papasteeze?

I have to agree on the consitions though, I was upon christmas eve and it was pretty good, if a little chunky in places and then again yesterday (12/26) which was even better. I'll be up again this morning and I'm expecting good things.

I'm not sure how much longer they will be able to continue tp provide decent conditions without making more snow though, and there are still a lot of trails to open. If the traffic gets heavier over the coming days then I think it will deteriorate quite badly.

A certain guy there has some mad photography skills.... I think he missed his calling. 10 shots and 10 bullseyes IMO.

Yaaa what the hell!?!? For stock action photos those are great. Nothing very artsy or original about them, but they are definitely great stock photos. Like the tail press photo a lot...

I just wanted to say how pleased i am to hear positive things about camelback from papa. Is this a first?

hahahahahaaha noooooo no one ever remembers the good. Can you imagine if the nightly news only had good things to report, how boring it would be?

Like I was saying I went with a certain expectation and what was there, exceeded my expectation. Now, I have become accustomed to not expecting much, so it is much easier to impress me now. Hows that for a bit of negativity? :wiggle

how do you fit boulders AND camelback's dick in your mouth?

nope. i hate boulder because its small and expensive. camelback is too far away and full of new yorkers. i'll stick with blue for now.

boulder is small and expensive, camelback is full of new yorkers and crowded as hell on a weekend like this, blue was always a favorite for me but they are slow this year, but as soon as you say something good about camelback people jump all over you, the place has its moments

update for 12/28, now it's looking more like an east coast resort.

Very crowded today, lots of muppets.

Surface condition was a little frozen up first thing and a bit chunky in places but mostly just "noisy cord", then as the traffic and temps rose it was pretty much smooth boilerplate "hardpack" with a few inches of loose powder/fine granular over the top, not bad as it was all pretty consistent.

Left at 12 due to long liftlines and general body count.