Quick TR for 12/27

Ski

Headed over at 5:15pm to get used to my GS skis, since I've been on my rock slalom skis all season and plan to race with Ty in tomorrow's Mountain Dew fun race. Took 8 runs down Boomer, which had a kicker built at the top left break-over. Snow was mashed potatoes, but not a deep slush, so it was pretty fun. Snow snakes tried grabbing you every once in a while. Coverage is fine and there were less small stones than last night. There were also a few more people---maybe 40 or 50 people skiing/riding the NF.

I decided to bail after an hour and was starting to pull out of the lot when I saw Melissa at her car, so I rebooted and took some chairs with her. She'd been drinking heavily as usual, but still wanted to ski the diamonds. We took a couple runs down Cannonball, which also had decent coverage, then a few laps back on Cannonball. I didn't see BigDaddy, but he keeps getting pulled out of the lift line and sent to security for doing some sketchy things---for some reason they don't like his type, but I told the lifties to leave him alone. We'll see what happens...

The upper mountain was shrouded in a light fog, but it was cold enough that conditions should hold up through the weekend.

Props to Ski for coming back out with me. I was supposed to get there earlier but got held up at a cocktail party that I had to go to for work, so I was late for our lift date. I wasn't tipsy though, I promise--just had a miller light at the cocktail party to fit in with the classy crowd, haha. I had a great time skiing with Ski as usual, AND, he convinced me to try Boomer, and I am really glad that he did because it was lots of fun. Ski told me that when I make it down White Lightning, he'll take shots with me. Actually, I just made that up, but I kind of feel like that would be a good goal for both of us.

After we parted ways I met up with a guy I work with (who was also at the cocktail party) and his friends (all boarders) and skiied with them for a while actually. It was my friend's first time on a snowboard, and he did awesomely!

.. I didn't see BigDaddy, but he keeps getting pulled out of the lift line and sent to security for doing some sketchy things---for some reason they don't like his type, but I told the lifties to leave him alone. We'll see what happens...

I was there until 3:30 and managed to stay out of the office today, so whatever you said must have worked.

I never see you there cole. And ive never seen Melissa either. I don't leave the park much though, probably why.

Since I have to be at the mountain from 8 to 3 every weekend, I'll probably be hanging out and helping my friend with the NASTAR course a lot more this year. So I'm always around. Just don't be like Nick and throw sh*t at me from the lift. Godd*mn punk kids...

Hey ski, I like reading your trip reports, but more than 3 sentences and it stops being a quick TR unless you were referring to your skiing speed.

Well, I'm always humbled by Doug's TR's...not that I want to talk about sausage and my fav rap tunes.

hey now! I can keep up with him! haha

Ha, c'mon over to the NASTAR course and I'll spot ya 5 seconds :D

Ha, c'mon over to the NASTAR course and I'll spot ya 5 seconds :D

Gates are for gapers, real skiers race down cannonball during the holidays in the fog.

:)

Seriously though Mike, if you want a taste of humble pie take a couple of runs through gates and compare your times with ski. I've never met you, or seen you ski but I know what the results will be.

Edited by Glenn
Mixed up my food groups.

Melissa, are you going up ton Saturday? I don't have work and would like to take some runs with you and ski if he's up there too.

Hey Nick, I'll def. be there on Saturday, maybe like 9-2ish? I wear a violet spyder jacket and black pants. If it's cold I have a matching violet hat, and my goggles are white and purple. I might be out with my friend Sarah (former skiier who now boards), so just holler if you see us (or just me).

Hey Nick, I'll def. be there on Saturday, maybe like 9-2ish? I wear a violet spyder jacket and black pants. If it's cold I have a matching violet hat, and my goggles are white and purple. I might be out with my friend Sarah (former skiier who now boards), so just holler if you see us (or just me).
Your lucky to have some purple gear. I would kill for purple gear depending on how dark or light the purple was. But ya ill definitely be on the lookout for you. I have nothing else to do when im down the north face.

What kinda skis you got?

Your lucky to have some purple gear. I would kill for purple gear depending on how dark or light the purple was. But ya ill definitely be on the lookout for you. I have nothing else to do when im down the north face.

What kinda skis you got?

I imagine a lot of people are totally jealous of my violet color coordination. I will point out though, that violet is a light purple, so you probably would want something darker. I have K2 coms.

Really? I assume this is old school. If so, please be sure to pair it with a nice bright color. Maybe a lime green headband?

Yeah, I'm trying to find something that actually matches. I've got some other random gaper accesseries but none go well with the 1 piece.

I imagine a lot of people are totally jealous of my violet color coordination. I will point out though, that violet is a light purple, so you probably would want something darker. I have K2 coms.
I will be on the lookout for you tomorrow. I should be in the park around 12 if conditions are good, then after a few runs ill be down the northface. If I see you I will probably be yelling your name. lol

I will be on the lookout for you tomorrow. I should be in the park around 12 if conditions are good, then after a few runs ill be down the northface. If I see you I will probably be yelling your name. lol

Awesome. I'll be on the lookout for you as well. There is a chance I might not make it out today though b/c my car is still at the mechanic... hopefully it'll be finished soon though!