BikerX

mobile chernobyl

Does anyone know if they're including in a skiing lift ticket with the lift ticket for the bikercross event this weekend? If so it may just determine where I ski haha.

Anyone else here going to sign up for the bikerX this weekend? I hate to say it but for once i wish it will be warm - better snow conditions for biking lol.

Yea i guess not warm per say, just not frozen crust with dust. I'm not going to be running spikes or anything crazy like that so something softer would benefit me. I'm used to the soft snow with bicycles and dirtbike events and yea it can get outta control rather instantly haha. I'll be sportin the full face at the minimum.

Yea i guess not warm per say, just not frozen crust with dust. I'm not going to be running spikes or anything crazy like that so something softer would benefit me. I'm used to the soft snow with bicycles and dirtbike events and yea it can get outta control rather instantly haha. I'll be sportin the full face at the minimum.

just let some air out of your tires... kinda like when you do when you drive on sand.

I'd be rocking body armor aswell. Last year there were some serious wrecks if i recall.

^Did they have it last year? from what i was reading on a biking forum they said it was called off from lack of snow or did they move it back? haha heres a good quote from what i read on a biking forum, "Folks have been helicoptered out with broken necks, so it's pretty good." (some obvious sarcasm lol)

The chance of getting hurt is immanent tho, and if you've ever been to a DH race during the normal season, people get carted off as well quite a few of my friends included through the years, oh yea... myself included as well haha.

I think this race is a little bit different however as it's not advertised as a "DH MTB race" or "mountaincross" as it would be for a normal season race, so you definately get more "Average joes" (not knocking them) and that combined with a multiple competitor format race can lead to some injuries that the less skilled/seasoned racers suffer much easier unfortunately. It seems more casually approached - maybe because of the snow/being on a ski mtn, maybe the advertising, but in reality it's just as dangerous as any 4X/DH race out there.

• 2 weeks later...