Quick TR Jack Frost 1-4-08

Simply put...this might have been the best day of the season condition wise. Blowing snow in the extreme cold created some incredibly soft man made powder. The run of the day was Mad Tree to River Shot. I did that combo a number of times. There must have been lots of blown snow that drifted into the trees because there was some really soft snow in there...still a bit sticky further into the glade though....still the best it's been all season. The Challenege glade was scraped off in the middle but still lots of fun. The gladed runs do have some exposed rock so just keep an eye out. Floyd's will finally be open for the weekend. There were two groomers working on it pretty much the entire time ... To sum up, if you're heading to JF Sat you're in for a some great terrain and conditions. Have fun.

I couldn't make it Sat. But with how good Friday was I knew Sat had the potential to be the best day of the season. How was Floyd's?

I hit Floyd's yesterday as my last freeride run of the day (2PM). It was the b-b-b-b-bomb. Bumped up in the beginning, then just soft snow the rest of the way. I took the lift up with a ski patroller and he said the this is the best Floyd's will get and that it only looked like this once last year. I was hearing good things about it from different people all day, but I was with a decent size crew and didn't get to it til later in the day.

Gapers-please DO NOT ski/board across the backside of jumps. It's a LANDING, not a DROP IN!! Almost killed 2 people today cause they don't know Smartstyle.

Gapers-please DO NOT ski/board across the backside of jumps. It's a LANDING, not a DROP IN!! Almost killed 2 people today cause they don't know Smartstyle.

I make it my personal crusade to stop people from doing that if I get the chance. 99% of the people doing it have no idea what they are doing wrong so yelling doesn't work they're just like what? huh? who do you mean they can't see me? and 1% has the "I bought the ticket to I'll do whatever I want" attitude. If its a kid go to their parents and tell them someone just almost killed their kid, it will get them out of there. Its one time you are not even exaggerating, if I come over a jump at 30-40 and hit a kid in a blindspot. he's getting killed no doubt.